Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Did anyone follow the "Bail Out"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Simply because one is, was and will be always worth something and the other will be worth nothing. Guess which one is which....:confused:

But there is a time that I think we are moving into now, where the bible says......here let me find the verse....

Ezekiel:

"{7:19} They shall
cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be
removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to
deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall
not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is
the stumblingblock of their iniquity
."

Slightly mis-quoted... but essentially supports what I said. All the money in the world, isn't enough to buy you a ticket to heaven, nor is it enough to buy you a meal in troubled times.
What good is shiny metal, if nobody wants to buy it? People are hording right now, prices are high, and climbing, big demand. What happens to the price when these people start needing to dump their treasure for more practical and needed commodities (beer, food, fuel, and ammo)? The price drops, people panic, sell before they lose too much of their investment. Gold and silver isn't much different from any other investment, just more tangible and portable, it still the same gamble as paper stocks.

If one had purchased gold years ago, they would most likely be walking around with a big grin today, but I think that ship has sailed.

I am of the belief that owning property is still a good investment. With todays market, real estate is at an all time low, and if you have saved money for a house, now is a great time to buy. The trick is to keep it for the long haul. Real estate will never be worthless. As the population continues to grow exponentially the availabilty of affordable housing decreases. Owning 1 property is great, owning more is even better. Well that is my thought anyways...

I agree that now is a great time to buy real estate, if you are willing to go owner-financed, and avoid the banks, mortgage companies, and anyone else wanting to cash in on your investment. Sellers are getting stuck paying property tax, maybe several mortgages. Some really need to unload, or risk losing all. I paid off my mortgage last July, still getting use to how much of my paycheck was going there. Need to put that money to work...

I think now is a good time to buy stocks and bonds since the price is low and will rise.

I think now is a good time to buy stocks and bonds since the price is low and will rise.

It is very tempting. I agree with your assesment. Buy low, sell high...

Timing is key.

I've been thinking the same thing. Now I just have to figure out when it is really at the bottom. Seems to keep dropping every day with tiny rallies here and there as traders speculate.

I've been thinking the same thing. Now I just have to figure out when it is really at the bottom. Seems to keep dropping every day with tiny rallies here and there as traders speculate.

If you could do that, I am sure a lot of wall street folks would like to hire you :)

Gold prices up !

With gold up they know some people will think it's the way to go and you have bought into there bate and switch.

I think real estate probably good but use the bankers money that way you still retain your personal equity on your current investment.

People will still need housing and you will still gain rentals etc. Those in the know get why and how it works. These guy's are ruthless not stupid.

What do you think these (AIG) jerks wanted some millions for ? A financial crisis. They just didn't bet on this big of a crash. Oooops silly us ?

All of this to get another go around as it comes around

Of course they will invest there millions !

Buy some low cost housing and stocks.

They definitely already have some gold back when it was cheap and will reap it from people who believe in that sort of thing. Once again the ultimate bate and switch but on the Cooperate Level.

Joe hard working guy won't catch on to the real trickery as it continues.

kv

I still don't get how buying up gold is such a great investment. People are dumping their stocks, draining their savings, even borrowing money, to purchase gold. The price is at the highest it's ever been right now, so it can only lose value.

The people selling gold right now are just raking in the cash, and probably buying up all those stocks, the gold buyers are dumping, which raises the stocks value through demand.

The government(s) really need to let this financial geniuses take their loses, and work to break up some of these larger businesses, instead of rewarding them. They really have too much power and control over the economy. Sure, things would be tough for a while, but we would be much better off in the long run. We survived the depression of the '30s, and controls were set in place to prevent such suffering in the future. It won't be so bad as the fat cats would have us believe. They want us to freeze in fear, so they can continue to rob us blind.

(Monkeys) are conditionable.

I still don't get how buying up gold is such a great investment. People are dumping their stocks, draining their savings, even borrowing money, to purchase gold. The price is at the highest it's ever been right now, so it can only lose value.

Fear motivation what a great tool been used for .............. ever.

They want us to freeze in fear, so they can continue to rob us blind.

Now you understand my monkeys and soon they will evolve. But not before the loose their inheritance.\

kv

Basically the gig is up with the Fed. They got to go. Thieves and Robber Barrons is all they are. Cleaver ones though. The sucked the whole world into their fiat currency system. Most all nations use green backs as their reserve. Look at the derivatives market. That's just buying dept. It is the opposite of assets. We didn't learn when it busted California a few years back.

Don't you think we should start putting names and faces on these perpetrators? Get a list of the Bilderberg Group attendees.

I know I would like to throw them all out.

I break even each week to feed and school the kids. My insurance is a joke. Now I have to pay more taxes to bail the rich and foolish people that bought in, out of it..

They need to take the 700 billion and divide it up to the tax payers. I can pay off the house and spend the rest to make the economy work.

But the $700 billion exist only as more debt.

I will make you even sicker knowing that it wasn't 700 billion, but 850 billion.....that is the sick part....

I don't think they set an absolute limit, the $700 billion was just an estimate on what it would take to get people buying on credit, and running up their debts again... It's suppose reduce some of the 'crisis', but not fix, or really bail-out anybody. Kind of paying the 'interest' to a loan-shark, so he doesn't bust you up, but you still owe the principal, and will eventual face the same problem again soon...

It doesn't look like the treasury dept. will buying up any real property, just paper with numbers printed. It really sick that the lenders can pretty much assign what ever dollar amount to the paper, and very difficult to determine the actual worth. Suppose a consumer runs up a balance on their credit card, at 9% APR, the defaults (death, illness, whatever). The default rate is 27% APR, $35 for every late payment, and $35 for going over the balance. The balance a year later is almost doubled, just for letting it sit around...

Amazing, a double. That is almost as good as the IRS gets on something you missed for a year.

This is a pretty sad thing for America. Not that we (the little guys) knew it was coming, but look at all the crooks that got rich, paid themselves as they pushed people (that did not have the money) into all that bad debt. Now the little guys gets to pay so they can keep a better house at a lower rate that us.

Last edited:
Yep, the Kennedys, Billy The Brat Gates, Martha Spewart, all screwed us with the system. Most notably:

The Kennedys got away with murder (Chappaquiddick) after making their money drug smuggling (they were bootleggers during prohibition)

The Brat (Godfather of Redmond Mountain) bought off the state of Mass after making his money wringing the PC industry for protection money (he forced the entire industry into windows by charging any who dared install anything else retail effectively bankrupting them)

And Princess Kitsch, Martha Spewart, got her start by stealing cookie recipes and after stock fraud was allowed to run her company from prison! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FORFEIT! Our homes would have been!

Last edited:
Heck, in 1920, I would have bootlegged. I like my beer. I suppose a guy who sells aspirin is a drug dealer too. J.P.K brought many other fine qualities to the table and shame on you to disparage his name. What the heck have you done that allows you to judge him? And aside from your Wiki research, what facts do you really have?

And I think jealousy is what brings attacks on Bill Gates. He pulled off what everyone dreams of. Boo hoo for us, so let's see if we can smear his name to make us feel better. Geez, get over it.

And for M. Stewart... No comment.

Heck, in 1920, I would have bootlegged. I like my beer. I suppose a guy who sells aspirin is a drug dealer too. J.P.K brought many other fine qualities to the table and shame on you to disparage his name. What the heck have you done that allows you to judge him? And aside from your Wiki research, what facts do you really have?

And I think jealousy is what brings attacks on Bill Gates. He pulled off what everyone dreams of. Boo hoo for us, so let's see if we can smear his name to make us feel better. Geez, get over it.

If I remember, Martha Stewart got popped for insider trading, which seemed odd, since it seems to be a fairly common practice. If everybody went to prison for it, doubt our country would be having the financial crisis... Guessing Martha pissed off the wrong people, and that was the best they could get her on.

I would just like to say; I may have been a bit emotional in my last response, and before a flame war ensues, I wish to take a preemptive measure and just say I harbor no ill will to Mr. Uber. As we all know, this is a big world and we (people) will not always agree and all things. With that said, I now return you to your regularly scheduled rant :)

Club FED it may be, but Skakel is still in it!

In 1920 he was a drug smuggler by the fact that it was prohibition, the dealers were the speakeasys.
Edited out due to siting of emotion retraction :) I despise Gates for the crap that he puts out and the bog of eternal stench (name that quote) that he turned the software industry into. There is no excuse for the blue screen, and there never has been, at least not 1/10 as often as it is seen.
As for Stewart, there is a wonderful video out there spoofing her lame excuse for designs :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back