Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A CHALLENGE FOR YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a first year electronics student and I am going through all sorts of trouble in my project.It's about making an automatic lighting system.The function of this device is to extinguish when the sunlight or other light source is on and to switch automatically off when there is no light.please help me through this project with some advice and also some web references.My email address is collective.ajay@gmail.com and i would be greatly indebted to you if you could do that.

ajaY

shouldnt be too hard, a cds cell and a microcontroller should interpret the data and make it work, if you have it programed right. is this really small, or is it a whole house or something?

This could be done also with only analogue electronics (i cant help you here :oops: ) but it would be much easier (for me) to do it with a small mc. I am beginner myself.

As i would have done it:

light sensor--->ADC--->microcontroller--->switch lights on/off

Using the light sensor you transform the value to digital so that it can be input to the mc (a mc with ADC peripheral would be convenient). After that you will have the mc to take the values and process them. Like comparing with a predefined value (sensitivity) and if the light intensity is lower than that then switch on the lights.

I hope i helped.

alalog is simper and cheper

and of you dont have any experience in microcontroles you beter go analog(keep it stupid simple)

do you want to dim the lights?

search the net for light sesors

you shod get some simple schematics

you wod need:
1 LDR
1 or 2 transistors
1 rele
3-6 resistors
you wod proboly want an potencimeter to set at waht brightnes it thurns on,off
1 power source

thats all you need to meake it!

Do be carefull whith mains!!! :?

you cod mekt it for $2-4 (the most explesive part is proboly the rele)

someone electro, could you post an explanation on how this work? (analogue electronics = not me)
I am guessing that you will have the light sensor feeding one transistor which will feed the second (for more current) and the feedback to the first transistor will be the potensiometer?

The advantage of going digital is that you can add more complex and interesting operations to the system without too much trouble.
Thank you

the LDR is made whith an potencimater in to an voltege divider (to conetrol at waht brightnes to thurn on-off) then the first transisor amplyfyes the signal from he LDR and feds the second one that drives a rele that switches on-off the lights

its a stupid simple circut (it aculy an LDR wired to two transistor amps)

I compared to you have no idea on digital ectronics (i prefer simple analog)

someone hwo knows his ass around analog shod have no problems building the circuit

im curently mesing whith volage multiplyers (built one that produces about 1.2kV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back