Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zero Crossing Thyristor Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohan_bhiwadi

i am looking some one to please help me passing on the thyristor gate driving circuit , which can be used to trigger a pair of thyristors connected in anti-parallel , having input supply at one end and a capacitor bank connected to 2nd end . while the external turn on signal ( a dc voltage signal ) is given from the reactive power controller , the anti parallel connected thyristor pair must be triggered only when the voltage across the 2 points are identical , starting the switch at zero current . this way the capacitor bank can be switched on / off randamly , without waiting the capacitor bank to discharge.during turn off , the capacitor might be charged at peak of the ac voltage and when the 2nd triggering signal is issued , the voltage between the capacitor and the line side is again compaired and the gate signal to thyristor is issued.

so can any of my friends help me offering the same concept / circuit in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back