Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Z8 Encore C code samples needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have all the Apnotes and code samples from the Z8 page for the MCU I bought... This particular apnote actually uses a external 232 chip using primary function PA0 and PA1, and includes it's own drivers. The eZ8 actually has two UARTs on board (Alternate PA4 PA5 is UART0).

I was hoping I could using the on-bard UARTs without having to resort to external 232 drivers.

However there has been a development in my UART issues... THe dev kit came with eZ8 ZDS II 2.1.0 as the dev environment. After 6 hours of tearing my hair out I finally turned on the register watch and saw that when I wrote to register U0BRH (UART 0 Baud Rate hi-byte) the data actually got stuck into U0BRL (Same, but low-byte). And when I wrote to U0BRL the data wound up in U1STAT0.

I wrote to ZiLog and got a message back acknowledging the bugs and advising I upgrade to ZDS II 4.5.1

(There's also a typo in the ez8.h inc file... To access the alternat function control registers for port A, you write 0x02 to PAADDR (Port A, Address), but this was mistyped in the include file as PADDDR, so non of the code samples that used Port A would even compile.)

I'll try again tonight when I D/L 4.5.1. If I still ahev trouble then I'll use a pair of 232 chips instead.

BTW - it was you that gave me the original recommendation for the Z8 Encore, yeah? Good call!! This chip has exactly the right level of functionlaity for my needs (if one the dev environment weren't so buggy)

One quick question - where can I buy the PCB sockets for the 64-pin LQFP chip? Or would I be better buying one fo the lower Z8 Encores with the sandard DIP package? (assming they still sell DIPs in the Z8 Encore)

pls help me...i have no idea where i'm gonna start...

waahhh... :?: .guys, i'm new here and i'm so desperate...i really need your help!!!! my professor gave me a project about a Z8 ENCORE BASED EPROM PROGRAMMER..this is how it is supposed to work..

the program will be encoded thru an alphanumeric keypad and/or thru pc interfacing...the z8 encore is supposed to interpret the data from both input devices to the eprom programmer...the problem is..i dont know how to use the z8..i know i'm stupid.. :? :? :( .but i'm really desperate :oops: :( to learn...i have to learn eprom programming at the same time. :shock: ..pls...pls...help me...my project is due next month..plssss help me... :!: :!:

thank you in advance :lol:

Re: pls help me...i have no idea where i'm gonna start...

ninjagurl03 said:
waahhh... :?: .guys, i'm new here and i'm so desperate...i really need your help!!!! my professor gave me a project about a Z8 ENCORE BASED EPROM PROGRAMMER..this is how it is supposed to work..

the program will be encoded thru an alphanumeric keypad and/or thru pc interfacing...the z8 encore is supposed to interpret the data from both input devices to the eprom programmer...the problem is..i dont know how to use the z8..i know i'm stupid.. :? :? :( .but i'm really desperate :oops: :( to learn...i have to learn eprom programming at the same time. :shock: ..pls...pls...help me...my project is due next month..plssss help me... :!: :!:

thank you in advance :lol:
I suggest you start another thread rather than hijacking this one that's over a year old.

People keep posting these messages without giving enough information to figure out anything.

Do you have the Z8Encore programming cable and development environment? What EPROM is this? Is it an I2C interface, SPI interface, or some other kind of EPROM? maybe list the part number.

Post a different message with a more detailed description of what you have and what you are trying to do. Nobody here is going to do your homework for you, but we can probably point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back