Yes, Another Delay Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gixermann

Hi all,
Let me 1st point out I am a part time tinkerer and full time novice. I did my best to comb through the Forum prior to posting. I did see a few threads similar but not exactly what I need and to be honestly most were over my head. I am currently in the process of reading the "NE-555 Tutorial" and I see now that will require several reads to understand in great detail. I get the jist and the concept but not enough to manipulate the way I’d like.

Soooooo thats where you all come in. I plan to order a few components and create a lab, I’m simply a visual learner. Before doing so I come to you all for my instructions and shopping list.
My setup will be 12v dc. I would like to use a single push button that when pressed results in a 2-3 second delay giving a constant 12v dc output, this output will in turn trigger a 12v relay that will supply the intended device. Tapping the button twice would result in a off state.

Thanking all in advance. Gixermann

You could have two pushbuttons: one to trigger and another to reset the circuit.

If you want something more complicated then you can build it from loads of glue logic ICs or program a microcontroller or logic device.

You could have two pushbuttons: one to trigger and another to reset the circuit.

If you want something more complicated then you can build it from loads of glue logic ICs or program a microcontroller or logic device.

Oh! One trigger push button is enough. You are suggesting Small hole for small cat, big hole for big cat like Newton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…