Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yes, Another Delay Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gixermann

Hi all,
Let me 1st point out I am a part time tinkerer and full time novice. I did my best to comb through the Forum prior to posting. I did see a few threads similar but not exactly what I need and to be honestly most were over my head. I am currently in the process of reading the "NE-555 Tutorial" and I see now that will require several reads to understand in great detail. I get the jist and the concept but not enough to manipulate the way I’d like.

Soooooo thats where you all come in. I plan to order a few components and create a lab, I’m simply a visual learner. Before doing so I come to you all for my instructions and shopping list.
My setup will be 12v dc. I would like to use a single push button that when pressed results in a 2-3 second delay giving a constant 12v dc output, this output will in turn trigger a 12v relay that will supply the intended device. Tapping the button twice would result in a off state.

Thanking all in advance. Gixermann

You could have two pushbuttons: one to trigger and another to reset the circuit.

If you want something more complicated then you can build it from loads of glue logic ICs or program a microcontroller or logic device.

You could have two pushbuttons: one to trigger and another to reset the circuit.

If you want something more complicated then you can build it from loads of glue logic ICs or program a microcontroller or logic device.

Oh! One trigger push button is enough. You are suggesting ;)Small hole for small cat, big hole for big cat like Newton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back