Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xenon lamp trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

a confirmation to avoid the worst ...

To change the lamp, I have to desolder the wires from the lamp and the trigger transformer ...

the only thing I did not remember, the common trigger wire if it was combined with the positive or negative of the lamp

and so I had to get the wiring diagram to understand!

Question: the common trigger transformer, given the scheme that I got, must be connected on the positive lamp ... right?

Attachments

• TRIGGER_WIRE.jpg
    TRIGGER_WIRE.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 102
Yes the connection from the trigger transformer must connect to the 300 V positive. This is so the charging current into C1 when T? conducts passes through the primary of the trigger transformer causing the very high voltage pulse on the it's secondary which ionises the gas in the tube so the energy stored Cext discharges through the tube.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back