Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Normally Open - Trigger

Suraj143

I have a normally close signal from a break glass. I want to make a relay active when it opens (breaks).
Is my diagram ok? I also need a break glass status output from the same relay on its other pole. That is why I used a relay.
Relay load is more than 10A DC.
1701059492443.png

There is no point at all using an opto-coupler when the two sides have a common ground.

Just put the NC contact where the opto transistor is in that circuit. Or if the input contact must be connected to positive power, invert the transistor and relay etc. and use a PNP transistor.

Most security circuits work on fail-safe type circuits; in the simplest form of that, you could just use the NC contacts on the relay and have it held energised by the glass break switch.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back