Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XBee PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pyros

Most Helpful Member
Can you use the I/O pins on the XBee module for PWM? and hard hard would it be?
I would like to drive a RBG Led directory of the module but it has only one biult in PWM output and I need three.

Are you talking about transmitting a PWM signal, which is essentially analog, to an XBee and using that received signal as PWM?

John

Are you talking about transmitting a PWM signal, which is essentially analog, to an XBee and using that received signal as PWM?

John

Well I dont think it needs to be a PWM signal transmited just maybe a value to make a color on the RGB LED change
using a XBee.

Transmitting a value to be used to determine the PWM duty cycle is fine, say with the ccp/pwm module. Transmitting a PWM signal thinking the timing will be faithfully reproduced is not.

John

"ccp/pwm module" ? new to all this, whats that?
Timing can be random trying to simulate pyro strobes

If you don't really care about faithful reproduction of the pulse widths, then I don't see a problem. As for the "compare/capture/PWM " module, check out the 16F628 data sheet, page 57 (Chapter 9.0). You will see what I mean about setting the duty cycle numerically. That module is very common in PIC chips.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back