Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

X-Ray IR Glasses!...NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
**broken link removed**

lol. THey seem to have left out the part where your eyes can't detect x-rays or IR even in the absence of visible light.

It looks like there's money to be made from stupid people.

There were 336 feedback posts times $25, around 7 grand... Damn good business... Oddly, only three negetive feedback. Really makes no sense. The best these glasses could do would be to filter light. There is no way they are going to change the spectrum range your eyes can recognize or detect, its genetic and physically set.

How are 99% of this guys customers satisfied enough to give feedback, specifically positive feedback. Must be a canadian thing...

Let's be accurate here. The 336 feedback responses are not restricted to this ad or this product only. E-Bay feedback stats are based upon replies pertaining to all activity conducted by the individual; sales and purchases, shipping results, satisfaction with product, etc. For a person to have been active on e-bay and only have 3 negative responses is very good. Also, the individual doing business on e-bay does not have access to replies sent to e-bay... just the results in tabular form such as you see.

But I wouldn't buy the glasses.

Me either, I think the claims are slightly exagerated. They just filter outer the lower part of the visiable spectrum. Its just a toy, lose interest in a week or so.

I don't use Ebay, sometimes I look for information or prices, but never buy anything. Did look through a few pages of the feedback, all seem to be related to the glasses, nothing else. It is curious that not a single negetive remark about the product, just the slowness of shipping.

Maybe there is something to the X-Ray part. CCD cameras are sensitive to IR, and IR passes through some fabrics. I've seen some photos on sites giving instructions on how to convert camcorders. Wonder if this is the appeal of the product?

HarveyH42 said:
How are 99% of this guys customers satisfied enough to give feedback, specifically positive feedback. Must be a canadian thing...
...Its a CANADIAN thing???!!!???...how do you go about rubbing 2 brain cells together and out spits that trype??
The seller is American...and so are most af the buyers.

Please, not another international incident... The origionator is canadian, and it seemed like an obvious joke. Sorry to offend.

Now, what exactly is tripe? Isn't some sort mammal stomach?

HarveyH42 said:
Please, not another international incident... The origionator is canadian, and it seemed like an obvious joke. Sorry to offend.

Now, what exactly is tripe? Isn't some sort mammal stomach?

Cow's stomach. Nasty looking stuff.

Well you can make IR to red whith phosphor altourgh it dosent work very well.They use it on IR remote test cards.So these glases are just a scam.

"X-ray glasses" are just "novelty" items - silly stuff you buy for the fun of it. Way back when, the glasses used double vision to create the "X-ray" effect. I wonder if these use the same technique.

I thought phosphors absorb energy and emit light of a specific wavelength. Like a CRT has red, blue and green phosphors, excited by an electron stream. I don't think that phosporus materials are picky about what kind of energy excites them, just the intensity. The material will always emit the same wavelength though.

Well you can if you filter it.

Still the best way to do such a thing is a camera whith a IR remove filter replaced by a IR pass filter.

I'm a Canadian and they just copied my report on the web about the anti-reflective coating on the new glasses I got a couple of years ago. I reported that I could see through clothing with them.

EBay added that those glasses also can see ultrasonic!

Well, first you are 'hijacking' a thread, which somebody will tell you about, not so nicely I'd guess...

But, at the top of the page is a menu bar with a search option. There are many threads dealing with all your requests.

The 25 reply requirement, before starting your own thread, is to limit the number of people posting advertisements and students whose only interest is to have their homework done for them in a hurry.

There are a lot of helpful and knowledgable people here, but you need to respect the fact that we all have our own projects to work on, and most won't bother doing yours for you. You need to get started, then ask about specific problems you are having. Search here and on the web first, find the circuits that at least come close to your needs, then ask about how to get them working, substitute parts, ect...

audioguru said:
I'm a Canadian and they just copied my report on the web about the anti-reflective coating on the new glasses I got a couple of years ago. I reported that I could see through clothing with them.

EBay added that those glasses also can see ultrasonic!

Sorry about that canadian crack, it was just a stupid joke, Jesus help me...

Anyway, that's why I don't get too serious about Ebay. It's to anonamous, easy to get burned, and begging for hassles to set things right. Sure, 90% of the people there are reasonably honest, but the other 10% really screw things up. I hate having to be so untrusting of everything. Gambling is great fun for a lot of people, guess that's some of the appeal of online auctions.

Bobmanuel Sotonye said:
hello, i need some directives on how to design a power supply, a mini transmiter and a receiver for my university final year project.

1. Don't post COMPLETELY unrelated questions on someone else's thread
2. Make your own posts for your own questions.
3. Do your own damn homework.

Someone Electro said:
Well you can make IR to red whith phosphor altourgh it dosent work very well.They use it on IR remote test cards.So these glases are just a scam.
Incorrect, a phosphor can only convert a electrmagnetic radiation to a lower energy level, which always means a longer wavelength, blue can be converted to red but not the other way round.

Well it can go slitly up.It gets just in the visible spectrum and its very very uneficent probobly like a 100th of the IR lght on it reults in visible light.

But when going down the spectrum very little light is lost.

Someone Electro said:
Well it can go slitly up.
How can a lower energy photon create a higher energy photon? When the phosphor is excited an electron jumps up an energy level, then when it falls back down to a lower level it generates a lower energy photon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescence

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back