Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OT: Is UV irradiated mold easier to remove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
RE: OT: Is UV irradiated mold easier to remove?

I stuck a UV lamp in the shower area for a few hours. The lamp puts out

Puts out 12W of UVC 100uW/sqcm at 1m 254 nm

I THINK the answer is yes, but I'm not sure. Put lamp in shower area on a platform. Ran extension cord under the door. Taped the door shut to remind me that the lamp was on. Hurry up and wait.

I use a 50:50 mix of Dawn dish soap and white or cleaning vinegar. (cleaning is a bit stronger, can be found in your grocers cleaners aisle) Spray on shower enclosure and let stand for 20 - 30 minutes. Rinse off. Only stubborn stains will need scrubbing. Use weekly or when needed. Careful once this has been done shower floor may be slippery. Make sure the mat is in the bottom of shower, when you have your next shower.

The mix ratio can be adjusted if you prefer less soap or more

i use bleach which kills mold very quickly, and removes the stains in the process....

I use (liquid) pool chlorine, 10% HCl, diluted becomes strong bleach at about 1/3rd the cost.

Mike.

Whoops, senior moment. I did, of course mean Sodium Hypochlorite (125g/L).

Mike.

Last edited:
**broken link removed** liquid pool chlorine (NaClO) is sodium hypochlorite, not hydrochloric acid (HCl).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back