WTB: NSM3915 LED Bar Graph Module

Oberheimer

Looking for a National Semiconductor NSM3915 10-LED display module. Please contact me if you have any for sale or if you know of a source. Thanks!

The LEDs in the 60 years old modules I have are very dim. I used them for only a couple of hours. Modern LEDs are much brighter.

Pommie, you show the obsolete IC that is not made anymore. This thread is talking about the Module that has a pcb with some surface mounted parts on it.

Pommie, you show the obsolete IC that is not made anymore. This thread is talking about the Module that has a pcb with some surface mounted parts on it.
Check my link from post #21, plenty of Chinese versions of the IC available, which are presumably what Jaycar are selling, with a huge markup.

It's cute unless he is repairing a UV meter on a stereo and looking for a direct replacement instead of a cobbled to get her diy solution. These modules were fitted with a female header and simply plugged into the front of a stereo receiver and the face-plate fitted over everything. It would be sad to hack together a classic receiver if an NSM3915 (or TSM3915) can be found. The TSM was made longer and is electrically equivalent. The PCB is cleaner and better designed.

A single or a few LM3915 ICs in series have steps that all sound like the same amount of changes.

A single LM3914 has its steps sound far apart when at low levels and the steps are close together at high levels.
A few LM3914s in series have their steps sound extremely far apart and extremely close together.

Attachments

• LM3914.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 76
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…