Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WTB: NSM3915 LED Bar Graph Module

Oberheimer

Looking for a National Semiconductor NSM3915 10-LED display module. Please contact me if you have any for sale or if you know of a source. Thanks!

Would a 3914 work for you or do you need the log version?

Attachments

• IMG_5159.jpeg
    IMG_5159.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5158.jpeg
    IMG_5158.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
What's the problem with your current module (Assuming you're doing a repair instead of a new build)?

I don't recall one of the chips ever failing - only the LEDs. In that case, you may want to try just a bar graph replacement. These bargraphs are just a white frame snapped into place and then some SMD-like LEDs mounted to the board. I think some 0602 sized LEDs will fit under each gap in the plastic frame if you want to give it a try.

I used two NSN3915 modules in a series circuit displaying an audio range of 60dB about 60 years ago.
Lately I was thinking about replacing their dim old LEDs with bright modern LEDs.

Digikey says the LM3915 is obsolete and they have none in stock. The linear LM3914 is available in a surface-mount package.
Therefore I will keep my NSM3915s (I found a 3rd one) and my LM3915s.

Why is this a problem? I can buy these around the corner for less than UKP5. Are they very rare? Or, is UKP5 expensive?

Mike.
The log ones LM3915 (which is what everyone wants) are long discontinued, although the Chinese seem to be selling pirated versions, but as usual with China do they actually work?.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back