Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WTB: NSM3915 LED Bar Graph Module

Oberheimer

Looking for a National Semiconductor NSM3915 10-LED display module. Please contact me if you have any for sale or if you know of a source. Thanks!

The LEDs in the 60 years old modules I have are very dim. I used them for only a couple of hours. Modern LEDs are much brighter.

Pommie, you show the obsolete IC that is not made anymore. This thread is talking about the Module that has a pcb with some surface mounted parts on it.

1700786446622.png
& LM3914 will work too

It's cute unless he is repairing a UV meter on a stereo and looking for a direct replacement instead of a cobbled to get her diy solution. These modules were fitted with a female header and simply plugged into the front of a stereo receiver and the face-plate fitted over everything. It would be sad to hack together a classic receiver if an NSM3915 (or TSM3915) can be found. The TSM was made longer and is electrically equivalent. The PCB is cleaner and better designed.

A single or a few LM3915 ICs in series have steps that all sound like the same amount of changes.

A single LM3914 has its steps sound far apart when at low levels and the steps are close together at high levels.
A few LM3914s in series have their steps sound extremely far apart and extremely close together.

Attachments

• LM3914.png
    LM3914.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 72

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back