Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Workstation/Personal Grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin094

I have been been messing around with electronics on and off for a couple of years now. I was wondering how worried should I be about static.
I reciently built an amp that worked on the breadboard but when it was transfered to the pcb the output was dead as a doornail. The center of the circuit is a LM4752 stereo amp chip from National Semiconductor.

Has anyone had such problems that were related to static?

Should I got out and spend a couple hundred dollars on a ESD safe workstation?

I think, the failure is on PCB. I working 30 years without safe workstation and also CMOS circuits without any failure. But never wear synthetic clothes...

I don't know

The PCB is good the board only has 5 caps and the chip on it and i have checked about 50 times. I think the chip got shocked or something.

Pin voltages

Pin 1 is .7V, pin 3 is 20.8V, pin 5 is .7V and pin 7 is .7 V. I am running the circuit on a 21V rail. Hope that helps.

Check the condenser on pin5, if conduct, make a mute for both sections.
No other idea, maybe the IC really bad, but why both sections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back