Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Won’t interact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bexx

Anyone know why this green engine isn’t working? All the wires are still attached. 7380B011-6DD5-4362-B7E8-83CFB9D320BE.jpeg
7380B011-6DD5-4362-B7E8-83CFB9D320BE.jpeg

Not an engine, not green but a waste of materials and not doing whatever it is supposed to due to a deformed coil as dismantled by a 5 year old...

What is a "green engine" ?

I have never heard of that before, have never seen anything like it.

What is it supposed to do?

JimB

Looks more like a red engine :).

What is a "green engine" ?

I have never heard of that before, have never seen anything like it.

What is it supposed to do?

JimB

I had no idea...so I went through some ppt slides...now I have no idea and I am 15 minutes older.

It’s a Thomas the tank engine character who is coloured green. It’s supposed to interact with the other characters but it’s mute!

I am so glad nobody else could figure that out. Have you been screaming at him? Maybe he is just giving you the silent treatment.

Where is his microphone? Can you find that and test it out? EDIT: Is that his microphone that your showing in the picture? The one that looks crudded up? Can you remove that and replace it? Or is that the speaker - if so, same question.

Chiseling out the magnet yields nearly a chinese 'green machine'

What a waste of our time...

I am so glad nobody else could figure that out. Have you been screaming at him? Maybe he is just giving you the silent treatment.

Where is his microphone? Can you find that and test it out? EDIT: Is that his microphone that your showing in the picture? The one that looks crudded up? Can you remove that and replace it? Or is that the speaker - if so, same question.

The Red Engine is James, Thomas is blue. Which one is green?

Bexx
This toy speaks and has speech recognition - Right?. It has to have a microphone and a speaker of some sort. Those might be the easiest parts to start to investigate. Do you have any experience with such things.

gophert No idea who is green. I looked into that toy a bit and it is a whole Mattel Universe. Then I came to the part where you have to register to get the App. That angered me. When I was a kid, they gave you a stick and you played out in the back yard (ok, that is part of a Dennis Leary routine). I have no idea what kind of interaction this toy has or whether kids like it or just their parents. Bexx please enlighten me and what kind of $$ do you lay out for a workable environment?

Had to do a quick google now :D

So Percy is green as well, but only a small engine.

My wife used to be word perfect on the videos, as our daughter watched them over and over, we still have the videos, and all the original die cast models - to be fair, I wasn't far off word perfect either :D

We also bought her the 'Tugs' videos, which were sold off cheap as the series flopped - for those who have never heard of it, it was basically Thomas the Tank Engine but using tug boats instead of trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back