Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

crivoli

I have built an intercom off of the simple 200 GAIN design specified on the datasheet of the LM386 IC.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/05/LM386.pdf

I have thoughts of trying to get this to be a wireless intercom.
This would be for only one microphone to one speaker.

I am not sure where to proceed from here. I have read that I would need a RF transmitter, but I am not too familiar with all of this.

Does anyone know of any tutorials that would be good to read, or any simple circuits I could look at that could explain how to make this wireless.

Thanks

Ok, I have the intercom system working!

I just want to seperate the microphone to one part of the house and leave the speaker on the other side of the house.

What is the most simple way to acheive this?

Please help. Thanks

If you have the amplifier at the speaker then you will need lots of expensive shielded microphone cable to reach the microphone, and the capacitance of the cable will reduce high audio frequencies.
Or you can have the amplifier at the microphone and use cheap ordinary wires to reach the speaker.
Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back