Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Connection circuit for Home theater System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndegwap

I need help in coming up with a device/circuit that i can use to replace the wires from my home theater to the five speakers to make the link wireless.

I love my home theater and I do not want to replace it.

The idea is to come up with a way I can make a transmitter that I can connect to the output of the home theater and individual receivers for each speaker.

The transmitter will have five different signals frequencies for each speaker.

Any ideas please help

Perhaps a new concept.

Then you don't need power amplification at the main amplifier. But need multiple RF Transmitters with related risk of interference. You also need the respective RF receivers and obviously you need power supply to all the extension speakers.

I fail to understand, what you gain by making the issue more complex. For a normal 5+1 system, you may have to effort once to get it clean installed. End of it, and you can enjoy using it.

Any true audiophile would recoil in horror at such a request. It creates a whole host of new problems with sound fidelity and processing. Even if such a thing were possible you could not afford it.

Think about starting an FM radio station with 6 transmitters and six receivers.

Distortion, hiss, buzzing, interfence. No bass and no treble. Wonderful audio like an AM radio..

Each speaker would have a radio receiver and a power amplifier that need to be powered. So run wires from the main sound system instead.

Thanks for your ideas will keep thinking of how it can be done if i manage to do it i will let you know.

I still think it can be done.

It can be done, but it will be very expensive and complex or just sound bad as stated.

Is it working now via speaker wires? If so why must the wires go?

Really bad wireless cameras are $750 for each channel. We are sending the 4 we bought back next week.

Also all the RF in the room :) No phone calls during the movie please

ndegwap said:
Thanks for your ideas will keep thinking of how it can be done if i manage to do it i will let you know.

I still think it can be done.

It's perfectly possible, but it's not really practical, and there are probably licence constraints as well? - and it's not going to be cheap, for a start you need to build separate amplifiers for each speaker.

Yes Nigel. On the process of design, he would end up in long power wires to power each of the 5.1 system independently, taking of course the place of audio wires. He might stream all these signals in a pattern with one Tx and the respective Rxs can decode their relevant data by a specific order defined by a software. The resultant audio derived would have to be amplified and fed to the speaker. A long and round about way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back