Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

windscreen slammer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulanjana

Dear Sirs,

I would like to know whether there is a site that has a sample circuit for a windscreen slammer - basically a beanie bag containing a pressure switch and pre-recorded sound. When you break the car the slammer hits the windscreen and activates the sound.

Can I also have an idea on how to make that kind of pressure switch.

Thank You

Jeevaka
Sri Lanka

Your post does not make sense to me. So I asked google what a "windscreen slammer" was. There was NO result, and google knows EVERYTHING :wink:
I assume you are using the wrong words to describe what you are trying to do.
try again?

I think I understand what dulanjana is talking about... a soft toy type of thing, which sits on your car dashboard. Under braking, the bag/toy slides forward, hits the windscreen, and activates the switch to play a sound.

A friend of mine has exactly this sort of thing, it looks like a chinese guy and plays various rude comments when you whack it on the table... bought it from an adult shop :twisted:

dulanjana said:
Dear Sirs,

I would like to know whether there is a site that has a sample circuit for a windscreen slammer - basically a beanie bag containing a pressure switch and pre-recorded sound. When you break the car the slammer hits the windscreen and activates the sound.

Can I also have an idea on how to make that kind of pressure switch.

Thank You

Jeevaka
Sri Lanka

Whats so special about pressure? Sounds to me like you could just use a regular old momentary type switch (like maybe a limit type switch) that is tripped by lightest of touches.

If you really wanna go fancy, use an accelerometer. monitor for spikes in acceleration and deceleration to trip the sound circuit.

That way the device wont even have to hit the wind-shield but rather if you drive like a nut, you can get the rude comments.

A vibration sensitive switch or trembler can be made simply from the spring of a "Clipper" cigarette lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back