Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wind generator!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvarblade

i have bought a dc motor 12 v. but the problem is that when i use the hair dryer to rotate the fan it only generated a max of 3 v!!! is there any ways:confused: to increase the output. i will give the schematic of a simple wind generator in m next post.

and what is the price of a solar cell which one can use to charge 1.5v batteries.

Get a 12v motor that is designed to run at a lower RPM or use a 24V motor.

Or one with a separately exicted field, like a car alternator. For that matter, just use a car alternator.

yea I got me a car alternator but I'm not sure how to connect it up how can I find out ? I was thinking of making it a wond job too

You will only get usable energy with a biggish rotor. A 1M diameter windmill will generate around 100W. A ½M around 25W, ¼M around 6W. These are all in a good wind and with a well designed windmill.

Mike.

alternators will require a bridge circuit and the output voltage will be high. i do have some hair dryer motors availible but i try to avoid ac power(specially 220v!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back