wind generator!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvarblade

i have bought a dc motor 12 v. but the problem is that when i use the hair dryer to rotate the fan it only generated a max of 3 v!!! is there any ways to increase the output. i will give the schematic of a simple wind generator in m next post.

and what is the price of a solar cell which one can use to charge 1.5v batteries.

Or one with a separately exicted field, like a car alternator. For that matter, just use a car alternator.

yea I got me a car alternator but I'm not sure how to connect it up how can I find out ? I was thinking of making it a wond job too

You will only get usable energy with a biggish rotor. A 1M diameter windmill will generate around 100W. A ½M around 25W, ¼M around 6W. These are all in a good wind and with a well designed windmill.

Mike.

alternators will require a bridge circuit and the output voltage will be high. i do have some hair dryer motors availible but i try to avoid ac power(specially 220v!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…