Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where the battery in this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mramos1

I ran across this and have to post it. Any ideas on how this trick is done?
Also, again, why all the bad videos on this magic.

Two rod on a plate that will light a 110volt AC light and the guy touches them with his hand..

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Yeah, my first thought was, if this is such a breakthrough, couldn't they shoot video that you could actually see what was going on. I wonder if their was a primary coil in the table and secondary coil in the platform or feet. with the crappy video, the guy may not have actually touched the rods.

I looked at some of the other videos and one of my favorite quotes from an "inventor" is "I don't know how it works but it does".

If I was making that video, I'd put dry cells in the 2 feet or in the 2 black rods made of 74 elements. :rolleyes:

BTW, I thought christmas tree lights were 6V ish.

Mike.

philba: :) I had to link to it, I was like come on. But thought it could be like name the component.. Now "how did they do this".

Most of them either do not know how they work (but it just does) or can not tell you how it works since it was bought up by a big company AND they have their face in the video.

Funny we never see these items on the market. Also they all are dark, low res and look like they are shot in the 70's or on a borrowed film stage of some area 51 video shoot for a B movie..

A good sized coil might do it. My toothbrush works like that.
I coil in the base charges it through the case.

Or, there are people not paying for power and we too busy hanging out on electrotech we did not even know. hahahahhaahhahahahah.. Right..

I liked the 41 elements and 40 elements part..

Pommie.. So you are telling me the 110VAC light bulb is rigged too!!! :D

It looked like a light bulb, imagine how people would buy into this.

I have a burnt out light bulb on my workbench (that has been there for a long time) when I get time I will unsolder the end and put something in it for my kids (LED or something)..

It looked like there was a solid rod across the bottom of the base too so that is probably where the cells are.

It looks like he puts his fingers on the two rods. So would think done with low power DC.

if he's lighting those little xmas tree lights (C5, it looked like but the video was such crap) then he has to be getting something close to 120V from the rods. That's not impossible to do with a small cell but may not generate enough current. 2 C5s in parallel would take 10W or around 100 mA at 100VAC. That's kind of hard to do with a coin cell. Now if they were the sub minis that run 25 in series, then it's 5V at around 25 mA, iirc so it could be based on a battery in that case. I still suspect the transformer trick, though.

I was (pun) schocked he was touching the rods. He can light at 110V bulb and can put his fingers on it.

On the xmas tree lights there are MANY in a string on the mini types. So not a lot of power to light a couple of them up. He probably had the same lights in the bulb too. I think the bulb was faked.

The video was short. So that would not be a problem to make it last.

philba said:
if he's lighting those little xmas tree lights (C5, it looked like but the video was such crap) then he has to be getting something close to 120V from the rods. That's not impossible to do with a small cell but may not generate enough current.

The xmas lights I know are many low-voltage bulbs in series. That's why they all go out when one is bad. IIRC the ones that don't go out like that use some sort of bulb that shorts itself out when the filament burns out, though the slightly higher voltage promotes burnout in the remaining bulbs.

I can't tell what type of light bulb he has there. And there are endless simple & easy ways to fake the video. He could have wires down his sleeve, on the table, batteries in the platform, batteries in the rods, whatever. The video is not useful documentation of anything.

I have to note he claims it runs on solar neutrinos and thus won't run at night. Interestingly enough, this wouldn't be the case. Neutrinos so seldom manage to interact with normal matter thay they usually pass through the entire earth without being affected (nor affecting anything else).

you conveniently left out where I talk about the series lights. the C5 and C7 are larger, parallel bulbs (5 and 7 watt, respectively). those, indeed, run on 120VAC.

the base board conceals two ni-cad battery packs as used in RC cars cunningly disguised as batons of wood , wired in series these will cheerfully make a 12v bulb illuminate ... whatever its shape when connected via a couple of common carbon rods, clever bit of psychology as not many people know such a thing exists as a 12v Edison Screw rough service bulb, you see a big lightbulb and jump to the wrong conclusion assuming it to be a domestic mains variety. Even with higher res video I dare say it would still amaze many.

a quick trawl through the magic shops online also yields a trick lightbulb with internal batteries

Yes But

The Mad Professor said:
the base board conceals two ni-cad battery packs as used in RC cars cunningly disguised as batons of wood , wired in series these will cheerfully make a 12v bulb illuminate ... whatever its shape when connected via a couple of common carbon rods, clever bit of psychology as not many people know such a thing exists as a 12v Edison Screw rough service bulb, you see a big lightbulb and jump to the wrong conclusion assuming it to be a domestic mains variety. Even with higher res video I dare say it would still amaze many.

a quick trawl through the magic shops online also yields a trick lightbulb with internal batteries

OK but what if its not a set up ? The Physicists recognise 4 forces in the universe that we think we know electro-magnetic , gravity , the weak nuclear force and the strong nuclear force.

We can manipulate the first as radio waves and all the inventions that use electricity but thats about it . We really cannot contemplate what future generations may be able to make from the other three forces.

Being I did not see one of these in the news this year (just the internet) and I will not know for a couple days if I received one for Christmas. Still gonna go with a fake.

Also, I use gravity a lot. Keeps me here on Earth. Allows me to hammer and break things when they slip out of my hand.. :)

not many people know such a thing exists as a 12v Edison Screw rough service bulb, you see a big lightbulb and jump to the wrong conclusion assuming it to be a domestic mains variety.
These are very common in the Marine industry. 12V, 24V & 32V bulbs are used so that the "cheap" household fixtures can be used. It is also quite amusing when someone mixes them in with the 120V bulbs!
Of course it is a fake. Anyone who has discovered something like that, and there was a corporate conspiracy to hide it, would post the full plans on the internet for all to see. They wouldn't post a grainy video with vague mumbo-jumbo about "elements".

Okay, lets take the first claim and examine it... Over unity. This violates every law of physics known about, the energy HAS to come from somewhere, including this source there can not be over unity gain.

Sceadwian said:
Okay, lets take the first claim and examine it... Over unity. This violates every law of physics known about, the energy HAS to come from somewhere, including this source there can not be over unity gain.
The important bit you say yourself "Known about"
I repeat we only "know about" a little bit of electromagnetic force. We know nothing of what else really is there and undiscovered.
So to debunk something on the basis of "can't be right " is closing your mind to what else may be discovered.

Now my main point would be , if you dont beleive it possible thats fine , but why do you feel the need to push that opinion on others with a more open view.

I doubt its true too , but without building it , or examining it I wouldn't know. Why would he need the tape round the joined bulbs, he could hold them by the glass if its insulation thats required . He does that with the larger bulb

Last edited:
Total fake.

If the neutrinos hitting the 73 and 74 element rods created a 120V charge, he would have been zapped when he ran his fingers up and down the rods.

The bulbs taped together look (and admitted to be by the speaker) like typical christmas tree mini bulbs to me. The common variety of those bulbs are 2.4 V (50 bulbs in series on a 120V line = 2.4V). Most likely the 73 and 74 element rods are AA or AAA batteries, plenty to run a bunch of 2.4 V bulbs in parallel.

I have built a few things from magnetic to hydrogen (over many years). Nothing even CLOSE to overunity.

But I would like to see the power bill go away, well to start. Taxes would be another.

If overunity had ever done been done why would one not share or sell it? That would make the smartest or lucky person a fool (does not sound like the same person to me). And would not with all the people on the planet a second stumble on to it as well?

And if you think the Government takes it, think again. They would just sell that and tax us on it as well. Let me guess, it is so simple, they could not stop us from making it ourselves.. Yea, that's it..

The only thing close to free energy I received for Christmas was a rack of hot sauces. And I will start testing today.

Merry Christmas all...

Ah, a common magic trick.
First thing to do is run the video without the audio. Con men need to talk to you. It's much harder for them to fool you without them leading you.

You are given assumptions by the con man. "This is a 110V light globe."
No it isn't. Just because I say it is, does not make it true.
"But it looks just like a real light globe." Yes, and that just makes the con easier.
As mentioned, there are no shortage of "Uncle Fester magic light bulbs" for sale from your local toy store.

But this con is a little different. The light globes are not what they seem. It's very easy to put another lower voltage light globe inside another.
The point of the xmas lights is we are told they are also 110V, yet they are a lower voltage. The claim compliments the 110V globe and demonstrates that there is not a hidden battery in his hand etc.

But there is a hidden battery. No, it's not in the globes, or even in the jig. The hidden battery is a car battery. It's under the table !

So about now a couple of you have had a moment of clarity and have worked out how the circuit is completed.
The jig is a misdirection. You're also given information about it which isn't true. The focus is on the rods. There's nothing special here other than it's a prop.

If he didn't have the prop... just touching the light globe on the table and having it light up would not be so impressive.
Most of you have now realised that the table is also part of the circuit.

The light globe is always in contact with some part of the prop when it is lit.
The prop is always in contact with the table when the globe is lit.

What else is in contact with the globe to complete the circuit ?
The guys right hand ! He does not operate the globe with his left hand (though it would be no effort to do so).
No his body isn't the conductor, it's the fine wire running down his sleeve and onto his ring finger that completes the circuit.

Some of the best magic tricks are the simplest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back