Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find European 16VAC 1000mA wall transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyAyXGhF

Hey all,
I'm looking for a reliable source for 16VAC 1000mA wall transformers (wall warts), ideally with a 2.1mm barrel-type connector.

I'm in North America, and the suppliers that I usually deal with are over here as well and only carry 110/120V adapters, not 220/240V european type. I know I'll be paying a lot more shipping, but I'd be very happy finding a supplier anywhere in the world that carries such an item.

Do they have garage sales/yard sales in Europe? Do they have thrift stores (run by charities)? I get them for $0.25 to $1.00.

Last edited:
Mike:

The OP is in North America and it looks like he needs more of a onesy quantity, more like production quantities.

Last edited:
16VAC must be a real American thing - I thought if I looked on eBay I would get loads of UK style ones - got a list of US ones instead!
You could try to find a manufacturer through Alibaba.com - no 16VAC transformers I could find, but if the quantity is large enough it might be worth enquiring
There's one here that's almost what you want - you may be able to get it with a euro style plug rather than a british one: https://www.esr.co.uk/electronics/powersupplies-plugac.htm
Considering you can buy wall-wart cases and 16v transformers (probably get wire with moulded plug on, too), is it feasible to build your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back