Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's your favourite browser?

What's your favourite browser?

• Firefox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internet Explorer

• Chrome

• Opera

• Safari

• Other (specify)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero999

Banned
I've voted for Firefox but I also like Opera.

Firefox only wins for me because of the Adblock extension.

Use Firefox now, previously used Netscape. Would probably use just about anything, other than IE (can't even say it)...

Three posts yet only one vote (other than me), please vote for the browser of your choice.

I have Internet Explorer 8 installed on my PC. I makes sense to have it, even though I don't use it as some programs use the IE libraries and it makes sense to keep them up to date.

It's good to see more votes by the way.

FireFox. I like Opera as well and I used it before.

Chrome has no smooth scrolling, so I can't use it for more than a short time without my eyes going buggy. I'm just too used to smooth scrolling now.

Internet Explorer 7. Tried Firefox a month ago and way way too slow. It had some stuff I liked but I needed a few addons to have some things that I consider very very basic (even more basic than a spellchecker). I really wanted to like it, but it was a memory hog and intolerably intolerably slow.

Last edited:
Firefox 99% of the time. Even at work, but a few aps run better on IE.
I find FF faster the IE.

I found firefox slow and hated the way it loaded an old version of the page if your internet was down. If it's down I want/need to know. And so, I use IE but hate this latest version that has a popup every other time you load it that wants to tell you how good it is. Arrrgh.

Edit, and I did not vote because there is no way I would count IE as my favourite. It just annoys me so much but I haven't found an alternative yet.

Mike.

Last edited:
To be honest I've found that Firefox does take a little longer to start than Internet Explorer but pages load faster and Java is much more responsive under Firefox.

Opera is probably the fastest browser out there.

Google Chrome is probably the most secure but it does take more memory and I found it lacking in features.

Only retards use Internet Explorer.:D
**broken link removed**
Note to moderators and overly sensitive people:
I'm only joking, I'm not seriously calling anyone retarded.

Only retards use Internet Explorer.:D
**broken link removed**

Guess it's me that's retarded then as I'm the one that admitted to using IE.

Note to moderators, this is just a bit of banter. No need to ban anyone.

Mike.

I use Firefox 2.0 for so long and keeps a copy of it always :)

I just tried version 3 sometimes before and uninstalled because I hated its appearance and slow loading of the addressbar history. I use Celeron machine on 256MB RAM.

It takes time to load the application but data loading is about 5times faster than IE.

I use Safari 'sometimes' and really appreciate it's private browsing feature where the history, cookies nothing is stored while browsing :D.

EDIT:
BillGates should be the first one retarded.

Last edited:
I use Firefox 3.5, I wouldn't say it's my favourite. I think each browser has it's good and bad points apart from IE, Chrome for security (as mentioned above), Opera for speed, Firefox for extensions.

Anyway all of the above are slow, if you need speed use Lynx which is text only and will run on a 368.

I switched to firefox after bad results from MS Internet explorer.

I first supsected the ISP would take one (or more) server(s) off line at certain hours (have to use wireless internet connection at moderate speed).

Since I use firefox I'm connected to the internet 24 hours a day.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back