Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's with this weird text field highlighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Am I the only one seeing this in text fields while they are in focus?

highlighted_fields.png

Buttons highlight the same way:

Button_highlighting.png

I don't care for it at all, it obscures the text.

This is what I see.

DerSrcn.PNG

No highlighting here.

Not that one here.

PC, tablet or mobile?

What if you turn it off and restart?

Very odd. This is on my laptop, Google Chrome. Restarted multiple times within the past few days, still seeing it.

I only use Chrome on a tablet and I see the normal light yellow highlite. Searching the topic suggests it is a site coding issue e.g., https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ting-of-elements-in-chrome-when-clicking-quic

Have you tried clearing the Chrome cache, including site data?

edit to add: coding issue is not necessarily this site, if that is what it is. I was thinking that maybe you picked up a change somewhere and it was persistent, hence the cache clear.

Last edited:
I only use Chrome on a tablet and I see the normal light yellow highlite. Searching the topic suggests it is a site coding issue e.g., https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ting-of-elements-in-chrome-when-clicking-quic

Have you tried clearing the Chrome cache, including site data?

edit to add: coding issue is not necessarily this site, if that is what it is. I was thinking that maybe you picked up a change somewhere and it was persistent, hence the cache clear.
Yes, already tried (several times).

These issues only seem to appear on ETO, nowhere else.

Yes, already tried (several times).

These issues only seem to appear on ETO, nowhere else.

Well...yeah...weird. All I can say, and I know it is not much help, is that, using Chrome on my tablet (Samsung/Android), I have never seen that.

I'm curious, did you resolve this (if so how)? Did it continue with the new board software?

I'm curious, did you resolve this (if so how)? Did it continue with the new board software?
Haven't noticed it in a while. I guess I got used to it so I didn't realize it when it went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back