Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's with the constant pop-ups whenever I change pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Western

I've given up visiting this forum due to the ridiculous pop-up windows thrown in my face every time I open a page.

Happens on mobile and on desktop, like some crazy internet marketing scam site. Surely it must annoy others as well.

Just on principle, I wouldn't take any notice of the pop-up advert - and having to close them all the time simply drives me away.

Blimey, who runs this site and thinks they're a good idea.?

Do you sign in? You get them if your not signed in, you look just like a visitor to the site, not a member, if you don't actually sign in.

Ahhh ... so they don't want this place to grow ... it's just visitors that are spammed to hell and back. Nice inviting environment.

As the old guys die off or give up ... ever decreasing spiral. :)

The fun part is trying to log-in (typing your username and password) without getting multiple pop-ups. This is ridiculous.
The log-in page should be allowed ONE pop-up max,

Miss manners or Dear Abby would probbaly say no pop-ups during the log-in page!

Use uBlock Origin

Very effective. No popups

It does seem kinda stupid to spam guests (newbies). Why would they consider joining?

Mike.

I've popped back in to check if there's been any changes ... and see that the pop ups have gone ... yeh! Thanks.

I have one other question about using the forum on my mobile ... Samsung S9+

When I select a topic, the page opens ok ... but just as I go to read it drops to the bottom of the page ... and I have to scroll all the way to the top to read the thread.

When I hit the back button to check out the next thread, the same thing happens.

I've never seen that effect in any other forum ... and it makes it very hard to navigate a topic. I haven't tried it on my desktop to see if it's any different.

Then all that needs fixing is to get rid of some of the mean and grumpy old coots that so often make this place so unpleasant. :rolleyes: :)

Unless I do not grasp what you are complaining about, in my Samsung J7 I am not getting anything like you describe; pop ups et al..

Last edited:
Besides being inundated with popups if you're not signed in, you also don't have access to attachments to posts.

JimB is a really nice chap when you get to know him
Even though his wife did once say to him "You are the most intolerant person that I know".

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back