Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What would this DC-AC inverter look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put this together for you:
It will look something like this, but i think I got the wrong transformer (T1) chip, its kinda small and I dunno how small or big these things really are, so...

Attachments

• trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,617
yes, you put transistors instead of the diodes, i might work.
and another thing, look at how thin the lines are, they will sart heating at below 1A and 1-2A will be enough to destroy them

I was talking about the SMD diode package which he has used instead of normal DO type package.

And one more thing, normally inverter transformers are not mounted on the PCB due to their large size. So just put large pads for its connections on the PCB.

Thank you but....

Whoa! Thanks a lot for that diagram but I don't know how to make a PCB board. I was just gonna use a regular board(the board with the copper circles and a lot of holes) from radioshack. I'm just a begginer and still don't understand this diagram:

https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/inverter.htm

Please let me know about this. Thank you very, very, much for your time.

do you know you dont understand how it works?
and another thing. this inverter is capable of absorbing 15A(!!!!!) from the power suply, so you need to make really good conections if you are going to use it at full capacity. the circuit is relatively simple and you can do it without a board, because you will need also great heatsinks for the transistors so you might not place them on the board...

I would suggest that when you build this circuit you call a friend who is good in electronics to check it out...

Well, if that is what you call tickling then I don't like it at all :lol: :wink: :)

Im an idiot

I Built it and used a 1/100 ratio transformer and knocked myself across the room and almost died.... Im done with electronic's.... (Probably Not But i quit for now)

I once experienced a good 4kV shock which threw me off the wooden table I was sitting :) . I was working on Air-Ionizer project.

This is why, at work, we are required to wear three (3!!!) gloves on EACH hand, when we work on live low voltage (240/415V) :) I have great respect for the guys that work on the live 132kV...

:shock: Ummm...Now I'm scared. Should I wear rubber boots or something? Or just not plug it in until im done. But then how do I test it during the building process? Should I even attempt this? Please let me know. Thank you for your time.

It is always safe to wear rubber boots when you are working with voltages greater than 65V.

hey i remembered something...funny
by the time franklin inventer the lightning rod ladies from the high society had a needle of about 10-15 cm from there hats and it was connected to an uninsulated wire wich was lying down one meter behind them on the ground.
they thought that they were protected this way....
funny thing, isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back