Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What would this DC-AC inverter look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya but...should I even try this? Will I be safe? Will it drain the car battery? I really don't want that to happen.

Yes you can try it but before switching on be sure you have connected all the stuff correctly and there are no short circuits. Also use a fuse in the battery line for safety.

I hate to say it, but I vote no. You said you were a beginner and this is not a beginner's project. There are not many parts to deal with but, if I were you, I would gain experience with projects that are lower voltage/current related. From the stand point of finding the parts and your ability to follow the schematic, I'm sure you could do it but, you know, it's just not the same as a digital circuit where one wrong move only costs you a fifty cent part.

i do agree with that, but sometimes it costs more, but that is not my point.
i dont advise anyone who doesnt understand very well how dangerous a circuit can be to try and build it.
the point in electricity is that it doesnt give you a second chance. you get electrocuted and that's it. you die. no mistakes allowed.
i preffer not to do circuits that require high voltage, especially. so i have not made many.
about using high current, it is a denger of fire and you might get serious burns.
so, an advice to everybody: BE CAREFULL!!!

wow. Hey, thank you "bog", I really appreciate you telling straight out. I see your point and I do cherish life. I will think about it and let you all know.

Okay...I've decided to go ahead with this. But as I've been pricing out some of the more hard to find parts (Like the two 68uf 25V tantalum capacitors, the two 10 Ohm, 5 Watt Resistors, the two 180 Ohm, 1 Watt resistors, and the two: "WHERE-THE-HECK-DO-I-FIND-THESE-?-HEP 154 Silicon Diodes".) through Digi-Key, Mouser, and (another one...I forgot.). I started to realize...what type do I get? (Remember this is a power circuit, taking 12VDC from the car and outputting 120VAC!) So do I get wire wound resistors? Ceramic resistors? Axial? Radial? Anyway if you could answer my questions that would be great. Thank you for your time.

Im sorry but i was just wondering if someone could answer my above question. (I have been waiting patiently for about a week now.) thank you.

helpmeplz said:
Okay...I've decided to go ahead with this. But as I've been pricing out some of the more hard to find parts (Like the two 68uf 25V tantalum capacitors, the two 10 Ohm, 5 Watt Resistors, the two 180 Ohm, 1 Watt resistors, and the two: "WHERE-THE-HECK-DO-I-FIND-THESE-?-HEP 154 Silicon Diodes".) through Digi-Key, Mouser, and (another one...I forgot.). I started to realize...what type do I get? (Remember this is a power circuit, taking 12VDC from the car and outputting 120VAC!) So do I get wire wound resistors? Ceramic resistors? Axial? Radial? Anyway if you could answer my questions that would be great. Thank you for your time.

You have answered your own questions there......... 8)

The tant caps will undoubtedly be radial, not axial types. The resistors, well the 5w ones will be ceramic wire wound types.......the 1w ones could be carbon, but I'd go for silicon wire wound types( a personal thing...)The diodes, use 2 1N54007's if you cant get the HEP ones......basically they are there to stop the spikes from the transformer destroying the 2N3055's

hope this helps you on your way.........TAKE CARE!!!

Hey! thank you very much for your response, i'll let you all know how it comes out!(it may be awhile, but I'll keep you updated!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back