Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the hell is this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens when you give a young kid a webcam, YouTube, too much spare time, and a suggestive song.

...it seems like that's what the Internet is becoming. When I was that age I was quiet and kept to myself, following the "children should be seen and not heard." My parents took me to enough antique stores to understand that and "hands in your pockets. ALWAYS."

theinfamousbob said:
That's what happens when you give a young kid a webcam, YouTube, too much spare time, and a suggestive song.

and too many twinkies... :rolleyes:

8 year olds at my school (dont worry I am a HS :D) have CELL PHONES AND MYSPACE ACCOUNTS... I think we should beat them with a stick and make them work in sweatshops for a week. They also listen to rap, and I just scream at them in their face and they cry. Everybody's happy :p

Krumlink said:
I just scream at them in their face and they cry.
Krumlink the bully.

I think the child should not be in that physical condition. The parents should not let him get like that. Its no different than if a child is not allowed to have enough food and is malnourished. Why is obesity treated any different than any other addiction? If he was addicted to drugs the schools and the physicians would step in and see the real cause of the problem--- the parents who are enabeling him. Now i'm not saying that the parents even realize what they are doing;they may just be ignorant to the basic concepts of addiction. Or they may be in denial. I hear too many people saying "its hereditary". well, hereditary is one thing, but morbid obeasity is a totally different matter. I just feal bad for the poor kid. His life is going to be realy tough because of the bad habbit that he was tought as a child. Look, people are already looking at him for ammusement as if he were a clown. He is just a child. I hope i didn't offend anyone here. That is deffinently not my intention. Haveing kids of my own and trying to guide them down the right path just opens my eyes to so many more persectives.

The problem is, if you're an alcoholic, you can quit the booze, if you're a a drug adict, you can quit the drugs but if you're a food adict you can't stop eating.

Hero999 said:
...if you're a food adict you can't stop eating.

Gaston said:
Why is obesity treated any different than any other addiction?
Because the food lobby is stronger and more various than any drug, alcohol, or tobacco lobby will ever be. When did you decide that milk and cereal were something you should consider as an option for breakfast? Do you think given equal opportunity and advertisement of fruits and vegetables you might have chosen those instead? If you really knew what was in (cows) milk, what it does to your body, and the reasons why governmental health departments claim it's better than soda pop, do you think you'd let your kids anywhere near it?

I think a big part of the problem with the diet of young people is that there is a lack of critical thinking on the part of parents and teachers into the reasons, causes, and effects of our dietary choices. If you think your health is a priority to most food companies (and vicariously, your government), think again. Those companies, like any other, are driven by one thing: maximizing profit. They're not philanthropists, they're capitalists. Only with our collective, intelligent, properly informed criticism can we use our power as consumers to influence food production companies to prioritize our health, and hence recognize healthy decisions as synonymous with profitable decisions.

Cereals and potatoes are what really causes obesity not just fat on its own.

Eat fish and meat and fruit and green vegitables with a limited amount of potatoe, cerials and suger and you won't get fat.

Eat low fat, high suger cerials for breakfast, drink sugery drinks and eat starchy things like, bread, chips and you'll get fat.

No, these 8 year olds would make you scream at them. They act all snotty and uptight, like they are the cool kids. Then I embarrass them in front of their other little "gangsturds". They have iPoods and phones, Which is rediculous. So I take the tuffys down a notch :D

I'm not even gonna click on that video link. You tube is 75% nonsense, 20% entertainment, and 5% educational.

wise choice, HiTech. It was a waste of bandwidth. And 30 seconds of your life you will never get back.

HiTech said:
I'm not even gonna click on that video link. You tube is 75% nonsense, 20% entertainment, and 5% educational.

I'd like to refine your estimate as 90%, 8% & 2%

There is no excuse for anybody never mind a child to be that size. If people are that big they should get some respect for themselves and their body. The U.K. government have decided that nobody can smoke inside any public space to save our health (Yeah). But they let people be a drain on the health system just because they are to weak to control their eating habits.

we too have a smoking ban here in Minnesota. Not sure about the rest of the states, but smoking cannot be done in public. YAY!!!!!! :D

rmn tech said:
There is no excuse for anybody never mind a child to be that size. If people are that big they should get some respect for themselves and their body. The U.K. government have decided that nobody can smoke inside any public space to save our health (Yeah). But they let people be a drain on the health system just because they are to weak to control their eating habits.
I think the U.K. is a bit more advanced than over here in terms of encouraging people to take responsiblity for their own health. I think the government incentives for doctors to get their patients healthy (i.e. encouraging patients one-on-one to not smoke, exercise regularly, and have good dietary habits) is money well spent. It's a much more effective way to counter excessive industry lobbyists, and it saves tax money for everyone in the end, since preventing is much cheaper than curing.

Not to be too contradictory (just recounting some personal experience), I found the no smoking rules a lot more casual in the U.K. than they are here. There were no smoking signs everywhere, but I'm guessing there's not much in the way of punitive fines? A couple of hours in Lutton Airport, and I smelt like smoked salmon! That just wouldn't fly in Toronto - you're not even supposed to smoke on public streets, I think. At least, that was the rule last time I was in T.O. - I remember while I was living there the smoking rules went back and forth every six months or so while the legislation was hashed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back