Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What program to use for circuit design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends. What is it you want to do?
LTspice and KiCad are free but not easy to learn.
Pen and paper still works for me.

I second Mike ML on using LTSpice. It's probably the best free program for doing analog circuit simulation. And it's great for a beginner learning about the basic circuit elements (inductors, caps, transistors, etc.) and their characteristics. It's a lot easier to simulate a circuit than build one. I never build a circuit without simulating it first.

Thanks, so which one do you guys recommend, and are there any simple ones, something that can make a diagram as simple as this
I think I should mention that I want to draw schematics rather than simulate circuits

Last edited:
For drawing a schematic, I found expresspcb to be very easy.
Alot use Eagle. Yes Eagle is supposed to be better but has a heavy learning curve.

If just drawing schematics I use expresspcb, custom symbols are easy to create. For PCB layout I use Eagle. It is very customizable, but it can be a pain at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back