Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the waveform and frequency of the lcr t4 device when testing the capacitor?

electronium

Greetings to the colleagues of the forum
What frequency and waveform does the lcr t4 device use when testing capacitors to measure the capacitance and esr Vloss values of the capacitor?

Is there anyone who is testing different capacitors and can measure the frequency sent by the lcr t4 tester to the capacitor with a scope?
I am very eager to know with what frequency and waveform the device tests and checks the capacitors

I've no idea of the frequency, but it's almost certainly a squarewave, as the cheap Chinese component testers use the absolute minimum hardware - but are really great to have.
Dear Engineer ... If you have a scoop and you have this T4 tester ... Please test the wave and frequency shape for me to see how much I thank you ...

I have a Anatek Blue ESR checker, this is what ESR test waveform look's like at
end of probes. 2 Khz, 100 mV, step, with a cap under test.

1713295281601.png

From the meter manual :

the meter’s test signal is a 500mV P-P (open circuit) burst of 8 usec pulses at a 2kHz rate, repeated several times per second

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Dear engineer, thank you for valuing my challenge and doing the test. Is there the same waveform and frequency in different electrolytic and polyester capacitors?

Yes.

I also have a project done by Cypress engineer using sinewave for RLC measurements, and ESR. One chip.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Back