Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the Hz of the 1960s 23 channel CB radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I sold my old CB radios today on CL, $40 for both transceivers, with mics & several antennas. I'm not sure that was a good price but don't need them anymore. I got A+ in electronic class project 1969 used CB radio for mobile telephone I could make phone calls from my car. I tested the CBs last week to make sure they still work and they work good. Guy that bought them is actually going to use them. I told him it might be illegal he said, there mine now. That makes me wonder, I think they were 27 MHz but not sure. I wonder what those CB radios will interfere with these days?

In the UK they were 27MHz and so were R/C systems. Not sure what uses that frequency anymore.

Mike.

My RC model airplanes and helicopters use 2.4GHz so they don't crash each time a CB'r hollers "Breaker" on his CB radio.
I think the 2.4GHz uses spread spectrum technology and automatically selects vacant frequencies so the model transmitters do not interfere with each other.

I popped high school 1970, CBs were like stupid on steroids.
Everybody had a unit and a "handle".
Might as well handed 5 year olds grenades.

My brother built a couple "linear" amps.
Problem was his background was mechanical -- NO RF concepts at All.
When he keyed the 500W unit (feeding a "dual quad" on a 70 ft tower), All the TVs, FM & AM radios within ~1/2 mile radius just went Nuts.
I think cell phones superseded them, but I'm not sure it's a net positive.
Never saw a CB user trip on a curb or fall into a fountain... But I AM my title... <<<)))

PS, for audioguru: I 'mem Big signs "NO CBs" in construction zones and RC gatherings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back