Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what exact volt n amp need to charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamun2a

what exact volt n amp need to charge a 6 v 4A or 12 V 5 A battery.:D

I'm not sure why you keep putting the smiley faces, but I'm a bitter person and it's starting to piss me off when I see toothed smileys where they don't belong.

I'm saying right now, it depends on the type of battery.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen a 6V or 12V Ni-Cad or Ni-MH or Li-Ion battery???

Have you ever seen a 6V or 12V Ni-Cad or Ni-MH or Li-Ion battery???
Yes, i saw when i was sleeping. I see it(6V Ni-Cad) in my dream, it was connected with Cellular mobile. Mobile dimension was (Length=12, width=1.2 hight=1) in inches

If it's lead acid it shouldn't be overly fussy about the current you put into it (ie. it won't explode like a Lithium battery as long as the current is within reasonable limits). If you google you can probably find some rough numbers. I would be more concerned with knowing when to stop the charge.

i said car or motor bike battery also u funny guys...

Aily, i'm charging my 12 v 5+ Amp Exide motor bike battery with 12 V 300 ma adaptor, about 24 hour is it right?
as far i know the professinal charging stores uses a large size charger and they charge batt 6 V to 24 V within 2-4 hour, what they do?

as from ni-cad's body instruction i know a batt to charged with its 1/10 of current and exact volt, but is it applicaple for car battery???

~~!!!???:(((

Car batteries are lead-acid so they are less fussy than NiCds. It means that you can follow the NiCd rules and nothing bad will happen (but you could probably increase the current if you wanted to).

Yeah,

What happens when you start charging is : Initially there is a large current as the voltage of battery is low. As the battery gets graually charged, the battery voltage (which opposes the charging voltage) increases and thus the charging current decreases. Battery Chargers are basically current regulators which provide constant charging current to battery and provide security such as over-charging protection etc.

Just keep an eye on the adapter. If it heats up when you start charging, you will have to use some more powerfull adapter. But i dont think it will be like that. So you can go ahead with what you have.

Aily

For lead-acid, you can't go wrong if you use standard LM338T or LM338K as in the application notes for linear voltage regulator (just heatsink the 338 properly). Pre-set the voltage for between 13.8V and 14.5V (typically 14.2V). The LM 338 is a 5A (guaranteed) device with built-in current limit. You'll need a DC voltage which is at least higher than 14.5V + 1.25V as an input into the regulator. This means about 16VDC or higher.

Aily Sajjad said:
Yeah,

(which opposes the charging voltage)
Aily

Just to be clear: It "opposes" the charging voltage because the charging voltage is higher than the battery voltage, not because of opposing polarities. Do NOT hook the batteries up to the charger with opposing polarities. In other words, hook positive to positive, negative to negative.

I knew what you meant Aily, so not trying to correct you, just don't want anyone to be confused:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back