Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what does this mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
The datasheet for the LM386 shows an RC network (zobel) at the output to ground to stop it from oscillating when the inductance of a speaker causes a high impedance load at high frequencies.

With your 3-wire electret microphone, remove the 2.2k resistor.

Battery, what battery?? Does the circuit need a battery?? Why?? :D :D

The circuit doesn't assume you're running it from a battery. It could be powered from a mains adaptor, a battery or even a solar panel. It's common place to just put power nodes in schematics, in this case connect Vs to the positive terminal and the ground symbol to the negitive terminal.

do u mean connect all the ground symbols to the negative also, the positive and negative terminals on wat the batt or the chip

wait it just hit me that last post u made. so u mean just connect the gound to the negative of wat ever is powering it and connenct the two Vs nodes to the postative of whatever is powering it right?

Last edited:
Exactly!

But I'll show you just to be sure.

Drawing circuits with power supply nodes rather than batteries helps save space and make them easier to read.

Attachments

• Megaphone.GIF
    Megaphone.GIF
    8.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
one last question is it ok if the lm386 is a lm386n and also if ur connecting all the grounds the the negative can u just run one wire from the negative to the ground and could u draw another diagram an show me how to put in a switch that i would press and hold while i talked could u also show me how to hook up the built in spdt switch on the potentiometer

Last edited:
Electro-Ghost said:
one last question is it ok if the lm386 is a lm386n and also if ur connecting all the grounds the the negative can u just run one wire from the negative to the ground
Yes, obviously.

Electro-Ghost said:
and could u draw another diagram an show me how to put in a switch that i would press and hold while i talked
Connect a push-to-make push-button switch in series with the positive supply. Not meaning to be rude but I won't draw you a diagram for this, it should be simple enough for you to figure out for yourself, if not then you probably lack the experiance to build this and you should go and build something more simple.

The next question will be, "Why does it make a screeching, howling sound?"

and wat about the biult in spdt switch on the pot, the pot is one of those twist to turn on and then keep twisting to adjust volume and there are three extra terminals and since it is not a stereo pot im geussing that theyre for the built in switch but where would i connect them

If you don't want to use the switch on the pot then don't connect to the terminals of the switch on the pot!

Phf! And you guys thought my spelling was bad. :)

Hmmm ... might I ask, what I have to change so that this amplifier circuit works with the output of my soundcard ?

Last edited:
_nox_ said:
Hmmm ... might I ask, what I have to change so that this amplifier circuit works with the output of my soundcard ?
As we discussed, this circuit is missing the RC zobel network at its output.
Its ouput power is less than half a watt.
Its gain is high for a microphone and is less without the capacitor between pin 1 and pin 8 like this:

Attachments

• LM386 amp.PNG
    LM386 amp.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 182
I got a regular 2 cable condenser electret microphone and I am wondering now how to hook it up. It was originally one cable but I split it, and there was one that had no insulation and one cable that had white insulation. Is the cable with no insulation a ground cable, or is the equivalent to the red cable on the other condenser mic I had, which had three cables? Do I also need to put in the 2/2K ohm resistor, because this condenser mic only has 2 cables?

A 2-wire electret microphone has two pins. One is connected to its metal case and is the ground and the other is its output.
Since it has a FET transistor inside, it needs a 10k resistor to power it (2.2k is too low unless the battery is 3V) and the resistor is its load. Since its output level is very low and its impedance is high, shielded audio cable must be used to connect to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back