Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what does this mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
By definition a SPDT switch always has 3 terminals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch

What you thought was a SPDT switch was not one.

You probably can substitute the capacitors. It depends on the circuit. I can't see anything horrible happening if you substitute in this circuit.

Yes, Single Pole Double Trough. This means one in, two outs, or two ins, and one out. Very common and useful switch! :cool:

Electro-Ghost said:
mine doesnt

It is very difficult to make one NOT work. If there is an AM broadcast radio station near you, you can pick it up simply by touching a wire to the ungrounded pin 2. You should hear audio through your speaker. In most cases, the cap between pins 1 and 8 is optional, only used to increase gain. If you are having trouble, and you have the device wired correctly, I should think your problem is in whatever you are using for input, whether it be electrec mike or other source.

im usin a 9v battery to power it
and i didnt ground any of that stuff i just connected all the things that were supposed to be grounded together

Here is photo I just made of exactly the same amp as we are talking about. I use it with my AM-FM tuner. It is the device on perfboaard on the top left of the tuner. As you can see, I am using only an input cap (the light blue one) and an output cap. It drives speakers with all the volume I want, and more than my wife and others in the house want.

Some day, when I get to it, it will be put inside the tuner case.

Believe me, your circuit will work.

Last edited:
what about the disc cap
is that the .05 uf one because i used a polyester caps that is green and the condenser mic i got is a condenser mic element is that ok?

Hi Ghost,

Yes you should be okay with all. The 386 is very forgiving... maybe that's why I like it so well. The little disc cap is just a by-pass. You'll notice I didn't even have to use a large cap by-pass on the power rails, although that is a good idea.

Good luck,
AllVol

The LM386 amp circuit won't work with a condenser microphone. It needs an electret microphone that is a condenser mic with a built-in high voltage charge.
Make sure that the electret microphone has two connections because ones with three connections need to be connected differently. The metal case of the mic is connected to its ground wire and the other wire is its output.

AllVol,
With a 9V supply, an LM386 amp delivers only 450mW to an 8 ohm speaker at clipping. My home stereo delivers 70W to 8 ohms or 120W to 4 ohms per channel at clipping.

Connect the red to +V, ground to 0V and the white to the input of the amplifier.

You need a ground, otherwise it wont work. Also, i don't mean to be rude, but there is no need for double, or even triple posting. If you accidentally forget to add something, there is an EDIT button at the bottom right of your post. :) What he means, is you would connect the ground to the ground of the battery, connect the red to the positive end of the battery, and then connect the white to the 1uF. Actually, all of the ground symbols should be connected no matter what. Good Luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back