Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Webpage suddenly very narrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubeek

Most Helpful Member
Since yesterday evening the ETO forum is about half the width it used to be.
Now the whole content is about half the with of my 1920px wide screen.
Has something been changed? Hard reload and log off/log on did not help.

Attachments

• forum screenshot.PNG
    forum screenshot.PNG
    402.3 KB · Views: 238
I had that problem.

To fix it,
scroll to the bottom of the screen,
find a little icon which looks (to me) like a paintbrush,
hover the mouse pointer over it, it will highlight as Style Chooser, click on it.
a dialogue window will open, find the text Full Width, click on it.
Hopefully that will fix your problem.

JimB

For me you have altered the zoom of your browser
Look what I get with 75% zoom - (Chrome):

Zoom 70%.png

Sorry for the crude image (never used this strange Paint before)

Zoom - Chrome.png

I have zoom set at zero. The front page looks weird and stuffed both in firefox, chrome and explorer.

¿?
The minimum zoom I can set in Chrome is 20%.

maybe try downloading ccleaner and cleaning your cookies and cache history for your browsers. You can do this with out ccleaner, but it makes it easier.

Be careful if using ccleaner, it deleted all usernames and passwords on my machine.

Mike.

Be careful if using ccleaner, it deleted all usernames and passwords on my machine.

It deletes all cookies - and some of those contain the stored login for sites. You just have to log in again next time you go to each site.

Or use a password manager - I use the one included in Chrome; that keeps things in sync across my various PCs & phone etc.

If you are not logged in, then it appears the right 1/3 of the screen is left open for ads. So it may appear the actual forum part is narrow.

I'm seeing the opposite. The page is a bit wider than my browser window, so the right 5-10% is cut off. Occasionally need to use the scroll bar. 'Zooming' makes things smaller, but the page still auto-sizes to just a bit wider than the browser window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back