Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very nice forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant

Hi All,

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself and to say that this is a really nice site, and I see some nice projects and friendly people here. As for myself, I am a totaly newbie when it comes to Electronics. I can solder like a champion, and can build/follow a PCB diagram with diections. But not much else.

I have built some projects from the ground up like a stereo amplifier, but I dont know why parts do what they do. So anyway, I am trying to gain some understanding as to why parts do what they do. I never took any courses in electronics but I am technically minded. I am in the IT field at the moment, and am just an electronic hobbiest looking for some more understanding in the area of what components do. I know some basics like resistors and caps and the whole V=IxR formula but when it comes to IC's I dont know anyting there.

Anyway, thanks for the site, and I hope to be around for a while to learn more. "Knowledge is Power" or so they say!

Cheers
Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back