moody07747

i have an old kensington web cam (mod# 67016) and it work run on wondows XP

it has a serial type connector with 4 metal pins inside

i wanted to know if i could somehow make this cam run through a TV/VCR

any ideas?

moody07747 said:
i wanted to know if i could somehow make this cam run through a TV/VCR

any ideas?

I don't think that, webcam only works with computers for taking pictures or for chat through the internet....! may be!!
anyway if there's any new idea i will be glad to know about it :lol:

There's certainly no external way to do it, there 'may' be a composite video signal inside the camera, but I would thing it's unlikely.

If you want a video camera, buy a security one, they are available for very little cost, and their performance is far better than a web cam.

I bought a very tiny little camera from CPC for about £35 I think. It has composite video connections and even has audio! It's full colour and the picture is very good. You can get cameras cheaper than that though. I run a small CCTV security system here at home, I paid £30 for the black & white camera that surveys the front of my house - it comes complete with a limited form of night vision and the picture quality is good. I also have a cheaper camera which surveys the back yard, I only paid a tenner for that one from B&Q!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…