Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

web cam - video cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
moody07747 said:
i wanted to know if i could somehow make this cam run through a TV/VCR

any ideas?

I don't think that, webcam only works with computers for taking pictures or for chat through the internet....! may be!!
anyway if there's any new idea i will be glad to know about it :lol:

There's certainly no external way to do it, there 'may' be a composite video signal inside the camera, but I would thing it's unlikely.

If you want a video camera, buy a security one, they are available for very little cost, and their performance is far better than a web cam.

I bought a very tiny little camera from CPC for about £35 I think. It has composite video connections and even has audio! It's full colour and the picture is very good. You can get cameras cheaper than that though. I run a small CCTV security system here at home, I paid £30 for the black & white camera that surveys the front of my house - it comes complete with a limited form of night vision and the picture quality is good. I also have a cheaper camera which surveys the back yard, I only paid a tenner for that one from B&Q!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back