Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Was this member really banned? (Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi there,

Was this member "Hero999" really banned from this forum, and if so, what happened?

I see the word 'banned' under his name now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MrAl,

I want to step in here because I'm sure other members are wondering what is going on too and I don't want things to get out of hand. Yes, Hero999 has been banned and it was a very big decision for us moderators to make. We gave him as many chances as possible but he just didn't want to follow the rules. The last offence was rather minimal however, there were a total of about 5 incidences.

I have to shoot off but will more than likely re-visit this thread asap.

Regards,
EM

Hello again,

Oh ok sorry to hear about the problem.

I'll be interested when you revisit. I followed the thread on the night and couldn't understand the banning. As I started the thread and didn't see anything that was (imho) ban worthy I'm rather curious and slightly alarmed that I may be partially responsible.

Mike.

I'll be interested when you revisit. I followed the thread on the night and couldn't understand the banning. As I started the thread and didn't see anything that was (imho) ban worthy I'm rather curious and slightly alarmed that I may be partially responsible.

Mike.

Not at all Pommie, there were quite a few reasons for the ban and you are correct that individual thread was not enough reason to ban him. A lot of the issues were behind the scenes scenes in PMs and the moderators had had enough.

Regards,
Em

Last edited:
EM, shouldn't we make a vote or something? For members who have more than 1000 posts or the ones who joined this forum early enough or the ones who have enough reputation bars or a combination of 'em?

Just a kid's thought.
:eek:

EM, shouldn't we make a vote or something? For members who have more than 1000 posts or the ones who joined this forum early enough or the ones who have enough reputation bars or a combination of 'em?

Just a kid's thought.
:eek:

Hi Vizier487,

Good question, however because so much of this happened in private chat, members don't get the full picture. Like 3v0 suggests, you just have to trust us :)

Regards,
EM

I wondered were Hero was. I thought he was very helpful most of the time, and only occasonally sarcastic. I'd say for sure there are posters on this board who deliberately and quite often give 'nuisance' advice, perhaps they are more subtle. I haven't been around long enough to see the bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back