Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I don't want to be a newby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Where has my reputation gone?

I have spent many years contributing to this forum.

People trusted what I posted because of my reputation.

I want it back.

Mike.

Where has my reputation gone?

I have spent many years contributing to this forum.

People trusted what I posted because of my reputation.

I want it back.

Mike.

hi Mike,
I feel the same way as you regarding the 'reps'.

Eric

I'm glad to see it gone.

I can understand how you feel and to be honest part of me agrees but think the newer system of thanking is better because, as I said in the other thread, it actually reflects the number or people one's helped rather than whom.

It'll take awhile before people thank us for posts we've made and the whole thing will balance out again.

It would be perfect if the old reputation could be merged with the thanking but it's probably not workable, just because we have over 1700 reputation points it doesn't mean 1700 people have given positive feedback, just that others who have rated us also have a lot of points.

I do not like systems where idots have the same impact as experts.

Edit: One thing that I did not like about the old system is that a person with a lot of good rep could not give just a bit of good rep. It was either all possible or none.

Last edited:

Edit: One thing that I did not like about the old system is that a person with a lot of good rep could not give just a bit of good rep. It was either all possible or none.

hi 3v0,
I agree with your comments.
I have seen 'helpers' get thanked for woefully wrong and misleading answers, that would make most of us cringe.
Should we have a 'unthank you' button.??

Oh well, new look to things. Being new here I really can't say too much. However, since it annoyed me not to see Eric with a Thank You I clicked the thank you button to give Eric his first thanks. Thanks for agreeing this new thing sucks. :)

We have a great "Thank You" program where I work. I show up and do things and every few weeks I get a Thank You letter that begins with... Pay to the order of:...

Ron

Last edited:
Quiet down in here, n00bs.

hi,
We are not n00bs, we have a 'thank you's' that prove that we are reliable, honest, trustworthy and all our advice is to be taken as gospel...:p

Regards

Last edited:
I also like the old system with rep points. It was how I was able to figure out who was trustworthy with their postst and who wasn't. With the thank you system I don't know who to trust! I've been thanked twice for reason's I don't fully understand. I don't even trust myself!!!

Maybe It's just something that EM is experimenting with and it might not be preminent.

Well that's something I do agree with, especially nubetards handing out negatives just because someone won't do their work for them.

I suppose I can't have it both ways though. :D

Talking of negative reputation, I think the moderators should be informed once someone's reputation goes below a certain level, because it might indicate they're trolling - I can't believe that a certain troll got 7 red squares before being permanently banned.

Personally, I never paid much attention, never gave good or bad reputation points. I did find the 'red squares' interesting, and used it to decide whether to waste some time digging up some links. Mostly, I come here to learn and have fun, hopefully give back a little in the process.

Hmmm... Since we are all fresh and new again, does that mean the warnings and the 'banned topic', has also been for given. Since it's Summer again, it should be a hot topic again... :) Kidding, of course.

Anyhow, all is not lost, the date we joined the forum is still proudly shown, and should give some indication of what can be expected, also the number of posts can give some clue about how active we've been. Mostly, I think those who hang around for a while will figure out just fine, what is most valuable. The late homework guys, who seem to disappear, until the next term, will just take what ever they get anyway.

hi,
We are not n00bs, we have a 'thank you's' that prove that we are reliable, honest, trustworthy and all our advice is to be taken as gospel...:p

Regards

Doh!

Ya, I'm not certain the Thank You system is all that great. Hopefully it doesn't stay.

The only thing I used the reputation system for was sometime I would see someone with negative reputation and I'd be all curious to how they got it.

I gave negative reputation to trolls and positive to those who I felt deserved it, as well as some people who had negative but I didn't they were that bad.

If we have a thank you button I also want a Troll button, a WTF? button and FU! button. Just to be fair.:D

And bigger selection of smiley faces as well! :)

If we have a thank you button I also want a Troll button, a WTF? button and FU! button. Just to be fair.:D
Another forum I used to post at had an FU smilie. fuck_you.gif

Well, I for one am thankful to see the thankful few who gave thanks and no spanks to those who deserve thanks. Now, can I get a "thanks"? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back