Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to begin with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand_jain

i am a newbie for robotics and want to built a linefollowing robot, for these i went through the book " robot buildings for beginners" by David Cook. the robot he suggusted is unable to move fast, stops with the end of line, drive on long striaght line. he sugested to use microcontroller to overcome these limitation. so i want to start to use the MIC, pls guide me to start, how much i should know abt to use them. pls give me some links and book to reffer.

Micro's

Some options to consider:

www.parallax.com
Type: Basic Stamps
Great for learning
Good Support
Best documentation
Lowest amount of features vs. competitors

www.basicmicro.com
Type: Basic Atom
Good for features
Bad Support
Minimum documentation

www.Basicx.com
Type: Basic X's
Good for features
Unknown Support
Unknow Documentation

www.oopic.com
Type: OOPIC's
Good for features
Decent documentation
Unknown support

www.microchip.com
Pic micros
Great for features
More complex for learning
Expensive startup but cheaper processors ($4-10/Each Vs. $50-$100 for the others)
Lots of support

(These are the ones I'm familiar with and have previously owned)

All come with BASIC language interpreter/compilers with the exception of the PIC's. You must purchase programming languages seperately or find it freeware on the net somewhere. ASM comes free with the PICS but is one of the hardest language to learn.

Check out the doc section on Parallax's website, I do believe they have some pretty decent tutorials/learning materials for robotic devices. They also have many free online downloadable training books in the doc section.

Resc.

hai, my project also built a line follower robot, i see all ur line follower post, if u done ur project,can u plz give me some ideas about line follower?

Sorry, but your post just sounds too much like a lolcat, this had to be done:

**broken link removed**

Also, you might want to start a new thread, or reply to a newer one, I'm new to this board to but it's generally not considered good manners to reply to a 5 year old thread!

sorry,this year only i also join electro tech and now only i notice this is a 5 year old post, i just searched line follower and reply this post. now i must correct my mistake......... thanks for ur information

Sorry, but your post just sounds too much like a lolcat, this had to be done:

**broken link removed**

Also, you might want to start a new thread, or reply to a newer one, I'm new to this board to but it's generally not considered good manners to reply to a 5 year old thread!

:D :D :D :D :D Welcome to the forums secretlolmaker. May your lolcat live long and nap frequently :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back