Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wall Following Sensor, variable voltage to IR LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GP2Y0A21YK0F is a better sensor in that it works as close as 6cm. Mouser has them on back order for 3 months. I can not be sure but they may list soon-to-be-stocked items at a discounted price to get a few sales prior to getting the shipment. The GP2D12J0000F was cheap and back ordered, when they became a stocked item the price went from $8 to $10. It will be interesting to see if it happens again.

Try DigiKey--at least the Canadian site lists the GP2Y0A21YK as in stock. Still $10.71 CDN a pop though.

I seen an article on the web where a guy took the PCB off the sharp sensor and added a spacer to change the focal length. Shortened the range. I can find it if anyone is interested.

That sounds interesting. Don't take time from the project but if you come across the link again I'd love to read it.

Torben

Oh yes--another reason I agree ultrasonic might not be great for a maze: unless you tuned things down quite a bit I'd think you'd get crazy reflection problems. There would be pings bouncing everywhere in such a confined space. It would probably be possible to deal with that but I don't know if it would be worth it.

Torben

[Edit: I know ultrasonic isn't really what you're looking at; I'm just spewing thoughts as they come.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back