Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VVVVVVery urgent things to ask nid reply fast thanks(seriously)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anzdyy

wat is the limiting error of the shunt resistance? and wat is the advantage for series connection of the shunt resistor and disadvantage of the shunt resistor to be connected in parallel? pls tell me i very urgently nid it.. i am sorry

I have no idea what you are talking about, because you have provided no context.

we have and assignment, is about design a voltmeter, so we wanted to ask wat is the limiting error of the shunt resistance? and wat is the advantage for series connection of the shunt resistor and disadvantage of the shunt resistor to be connected in parallel? pls tell me i very urgently nid it.. i am sorry

sorry too urgently wanted.. so a lot spelling mistake typo.. wat is the limiting error of the shunt resistance? and wat is the advantage for series connection of the shunt resistor and disadvantage of the shunt resistor to be connected in parallel? pls tell me i very urgently nid it.. i am sorry

Repeating your question three times is not helpful. I'm trying to understand the nature of the terms you are using and their context. There are many ways to make a voltmeter so lets start with a description of the circuit. Are we talking about using a moving coil ammeter to measure voltage. If so, then tell us what the resistance of the coil is and how much current it takes to have a full scale deflection. Then we can talk about using other resistors in series and parallel to achieve various effects. In the meanwhile you might want to remember that Google and Wiki are your friends. You shold use them whenever possible.

Top Google Hit for "moving coil voltmeter"
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/magnetic/movcoil.html

2nd Google Hit was -- surprise surprise -- Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltmeter

Last edited:
rohaan said:
are u making the assignment or the project??
well i guess the limiting error is 0.001%.
It might well be, but I'm curious about how you came up with that figure since there are no other pieces of numerical information in this thread. Ohhhh....what's that? I see, a Hobbit told you.

Students are required to design one multi range voltmeter/ammeter by using a
D’Arsonval meter with a full-scale deflection rating of 1mA and the internal coil
resistance of 500Ω. The measurement range of the voltmeter should cover the ranges
as shown below.
Voltmeter Ammeter
1) 0-1V 0-10mA
2) 0-5V 0-50mA
3) 0-10V 0-100mA
4) 0-20V 0-1A
5) 0-50V 0-10A
6) 0-100V 0-20A
7) 0-200V 0-50A
8) 0-300V 0-60A
9) 0-400V 0-80A
10) 0-500V 0-100A
The students are required to
i) Propose the circuit for the multi range voltmeter/ammeter.
ii) Determine the suitable shunt resistance for the multi range voltmeter/ammeter.
iii) Determine the limiting error of each individual measurement range, if all the
shunt resistors added have 10% limiting error each.

i really don know wat the hell is tat question means. but my leader asked to find bout this so i find very long in google but to no avail. so pls help me

anzdyy said:
i really don know wat the hell is tat question means. but my leader asked to find bout this so i find very long in google but to no avail. so pls help me

You have a leader? Cool, is he fearless?
**broken link removed**

anzdyy said:
Now we have something to work with, but using offensive language is hardly likely to be helpful. Did you follw the two links that I provided for you?

blueroomelectronics said:
You have a leader? Cool, is he fearless?
**broken link removed**
pls don joke anymore. i really have no mood.. really no mood.. pls help me.. i really don know wat to do now..

Papabravo said:
Now we have something to work with, but using offensive language is hardly likely to be helpful. Did you follw the two links that I provided for you?
ya i did go search and in fact i saw tat long ago..thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back