Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VVVVVVery urgent things to ask nid reply fast thanks(seriously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natasha! Fearless Leader will reward us handsomly when we deliver Moose, and Squirel!

blueroomelectronics said:
I'm in a good mood. You should go for a walk if it's nice outside, that might improve your mood.
not the suitable for a walk.. is midnite here. and i have no time. i very frustrated now. pls.. anything or any suggestion juz write down.. wat is the advantage if the shunt resistor is connected in series and wat is the disadvantages if the shunt resistor connected in parallel connection. thanks

Ahh so it's due in the morning. Well get some sleep, tell your leader you didn't pay attention or bother reading the textbook during class. The answer can be found with Google...

So if you understood the article you would realize that all the moving coil voltmeters you will ever see besides all the ones that you won't are constructed from the moving coil in series with a resistor. You choose the value of that resistor so that when the full scale voltage is across the resistor and the meter there is 1 mA flowing. To do multiple ranges requires the relentless application of Ohm's law.

Similarly all the moving coil ammeters you will ever see, besides all the ones that you won't are constucted with a resistor in parallel with the meter coil. They are chosen so that when the full scale current flows across the two parallel branches there is exactly 1mA flowing in the moving coil.

Here is the point of the exercise. How do you make very accurate resistances with very small, and very large values? If your shunt(parallel) or series resistor is off by 1%, what does it do to the range?

Last edited:
Humm. repetitive, demanding and confrontational.

I'm a bee, not a fly. I'm attracted to honey, not .....

You should of paid more attention in class or read your notes/textbooks.

Poor planning on your part, does not require emergency planning on my part.

cheers

And on that note I'm going for a nice walk.

PS Posting your email will get the mail-bots attention. You never know when you'll need that fake Gucci or Rolex.

Papabravo said:
So if you understood the article you would realize that all the moving coil voltmeters you will ever see besides all the ones that you won't are constructed from the moving coil in series with a resistor. You choose the value of that resistor so that when the full scale voltage is across the resistor and the meter there is 1 mA flowing. To do multiple ranges requires the relentless application of Ohm's law.

Similarly all the moving coil ammeters you will ever see, besides all the ones that you won't are constucted with a resistor in parallel with the meter coil. They are chosen so that when the full scale current flows across the two parallel branches there is exactly 1mA flowing in the moving coil.

Here is the point of the exercise. How do you make very accurate resistances with very small, and very large values? If your shunt(parallel) or series resistor is off by 1%, what does it do to the range?

er.. i am sorry i don understand your question

blueroomelectronics said:
And on that note I'm going for a nice walk.

PS Posting your email will get the mail-bots attention. You never know when you'll need that fake Gucci or Rolex.
Don't forget the pill that will enlarge body parts that you don't even posess. Oh and let's not forget the fantastic investment opportunities to be had in Nigerian Money Transfer Schemes.

anzdyy said:
er.. i am sorry i don understand your question
Question 1: How do you make very accurate resistances with very large and very small values? This is straightforward. If you want to make a 1 MegOhm resistor, a 1% tolerance implies that the actual value could plus or minus 10,000 Ohms. If you want to make 1 milliohm resistor, then a 1% tolerance implies that the actual value can be plus or mins 10 micro ohms. The point is that there are limits on how accurately a given value of resistance can be fabricated when you get to both very large, and very small values.

Question 2: When you try to make a multirange instrument from the 0-1mA moving coil meter, the further away from that range you go the bigger the resistors will be for the voltage scale, and the samller they will be for the current scale. When the ratio of the series or parallel resistance with respect to the 500 ohms of the coil becomes large enough, or small enough it has a correspondingly greater impact on the resulting measurement.

I don't know how much plainer I could be. I think its time for me to take a walk as well. My Basset Hound Blue needs to take a whizz.

Here's an typical actual spam ad, I get 100s a day. Good spam filters help but can sometimes nertz good email. PS prefix bre in the subject line to get past the filter.
Your true male power is blocked until you get its main conductor increased!
Enter the world of new sensual experience!

Some morons believe the pills will make them bigger.
Or the SPAMMER says that. I doubt it. The pill is not real.

When I see a pretty girl then I get ... (censored).

I wonder if a pretty girl will make a resistor get bigger.

Papabravo said:
Question 1: How do you make very accurate resistances with very large and very small values? This is straightforward. If you want to make a 1 MegOhm resistor, a 1% tolerance implies that the actual value could plus or minus 10,000 Ohms. If you want to make 1 milliohm resistor, then a 1% tolerance implies that the actual value can be plus or mins 10 micro ohms. The point is that there are limits on how accurately a given value of resistance can be fabricated when you get to both very large, and very small values.

Question 2: When you try to make a multirange instrument from the 0-1mA moving coil meter, the further away from that range you go the bigger the resistors will be for the voltage scale, and the samller they will be for the current scale. When the ratio of the series or parallel resistance with respect to the 500 ohms of the coil becomes large enough, or small enough it has a correspondingly greater impact on the resulting measurement.

I don't know how much plainer I could be. I think its time for me to take a walk as well. My Basset Hound Blue needs to take a whizz.

for the question 1 i don really know how to make a resistance that don have tolerance or error.

wat is the error that possible we could find in the voltmeter

wat is the error that possible we could find in the voltmeter. if got shunt resistor ? other than the error produce by the resistance wat other more? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back