Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Regulators!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIG80085

Hey.
I've been playing about with the Velleman PIC programmer kit and I want to move on to prototyping circuits on a breadboard. I'm planning on basically replicating the circuit from the Velleman kit except for the sections of the circuit that concern Vpp (and maybe a bit more). The plan is to programme it with the Velleman and run it on the breadboard.

Thing is, there are two (different) voltage regulators in the circuit. One takes the voltage down from the 15VDC that comes in, to the 9ish VDC for Vpp. The next regulator takes it down again to the 5ish VDC to power the electronics etc.

So I'm wondering, to power my circuit, do I need both or just the second one or another one altogether? I haven't been able to find much about IC regulators. Any idea where I could find out about part numbers?

Thanks!!
PIG80085

gramo said:
The input on the voltage regulator can be between 9 and 20V DC, and supplies a steady 5V output

Ok that was pretty much what I was wondering. I thought maybe it had a smaller input range :)ltoet: 1V).

Those circuits do look a whole lot simpler. I should be able to put something together between them.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back