voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero999 said:
Sorry, that wasn't directed that at you, but the origional poster.
I didn't think it was and in fact an LM317 is probably just as good as any other choice in the absence of specific requirements. But I always like to be different when I have the latitude.

I thought he asked for a 3V regulator. The LM3940 is a 3.3 V regulator, or did I miss something?

Fahime said:
Is there any 3V voltage regulator? If yes, What is its Ic name?
Hi
what input voltage you have to give-- if it is 5V you alraedy got reply
you may also try out lm7833

Fahime said:
I need a 12V to 3V regulator.
OK the Micrel part or the LM317 will do the job, but be careful how much load current you try to supply. I think 100 mA, which will disipate 900 mW should be about the limit. If you need more current then consider a BAHS and a BAF. That's a Big A** Heat Sink and a Big A** Fan.

hotwaterwizard said:
Nothing a diode can't fix
A diode would give 2.7 to 2.3V on the output depending on the load which might be too low for it to operate reliably.

I wouldn't worry about it 3.3V is close enough.

Why would you put this on the output of a 3.3 Volt regulator? Or are you saying this will do the whole job of providing 3V from a higher input.

Well we're now on the second page of this thread!, and we still don't even really know what the OP wants, or what the spec might be?. I would imagine that it's highly possible that a 3.3V regulator would be perfectly fine?, it's also quite possible that something else entirely might be better? - but like all these questions with no details there may be a better way to do what he wants (if we just knew what it was).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…