Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one from Micrel
**broken link removed**

Current?

Input voltage?

What's wrong with the LM317?

Hero999 said:
Current?

Input voltage?

What's wrong with the LM317?
He gave no precise specifications to insure a wide range of choices.

Sorry, that wasn't directed that at you, but the origional poster.

Hero999 said:
Sorry, that wasn't directed that at you, but the origional poster.
I didn't think it was and in fact an LM317 is probably just as good as any other choice in the absence of specific requirements. But I always like to be different when I have the latitude.

LM3940 will do the trick.

Attachments

• 5v to 3.3v regulator LM3940.gif
    5v to 3.3v regulator LM3940.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 7,775
I thought he asked for a 3V regulator. The LM3940 is a 3.3 V regulator, or did I miss something?

Fahime said:
Is there any 3V voltage regulator? If yes, What is its Ic name?
Hi
what input voltage you have to give-- if it is 5V you alraedy got reply
you may also try out lm7833

Nothing the ability to gurgle...er google can't fix either

Fahime said:
I need a 12V to 3V regulator.
OK the Micrel part or the LM317 will do the job, but be careful how much load current you try to supply. I think 100 mA, which will disipate 900 mW should be about the limit. If you need more current then consider a BAHS and a BAF. That's a Big A** Heat Sink and a Big A** Fan.

hotwaterwizard said:
Nothing a diode can't fix
A diode would give 2.7 to 2.3V on the output depending on the load which might be too low for it to operate reliably.

I wouldn't worry about it 3.3V is close enough.

I think the wizard meant a schottky diode. The Vf is 0.2V to 0.3V depending on the current.

No I meant Regular Diodes.

Attachments

• Simple Volt Reg.jpg
    Simple Volt Reg.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 660
Why would you put this on the output of a 3.3 Volt regulator? Or are you saying this will do the whole job of providing 3V from a higher input.

Well we're now on the second page of this thread!, and we still don't even really know what the OP wants, or what the spec might be?. I would imagine that it's highly possible that a 3.3V regulator would be perfectly fine?, it's also quite possible that something else entirely might be better? - but like all these questions with no details there may be a better way to do what he wants (if we just knew what it was).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back