Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Multiplier Circuit Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this but it doesn't go through the circuit since this person is using an ion ray gun.

Because I still have these questions about the last capacitor in the multiplier circuit.

So next I want to find out in the diagrams you posted above you said the cx(last capacitor) needs to be rated higher than the output voltage. So in my case I need a 40 kv cap because my output should be 38 kv. How crucial is to have it at that rating? Is it possible to use two caps rated at 20 kv each to get 40 kv. So based off this in the multiplier you made, was your last cap rated at 130 kv or did you do something else?

So based off this in the multiplier you made, was your last cap rated at 130 kv or did you do something else?

No, my multiplier was not the same as the schematics I gave you.
All my caps were 30Kv.

Yes you could Series Two 20KV caps to get 40KV.

Alternative Wiring Schematics for Tripler and Quadrupler

Attachments

• Multiply.png
    Multiply.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 215
Just would like to make sure about the polarities coming out of the circuit before I test out my tube at full voltage. Please see attach and let me know if polarities are in correct positions. Thanks.

Attachments

• circuits.png
    circuits.png
    10 KB · Views: 229
Just would like to make sure about the polarities coming out of the circuit before I test out my tube at full voltage. Please see attach and let me know if polarities are in correct positions. Thanks.

Yes that is Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back