Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vizio m65-c1 Power supply board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a problem finding the problem on the power supply board. The board turns on and off in a 2 hz pattern. Checked the input capacitors and they are all good and never drain even after remove the input supply. Tested all the mosfets and they check out good. Checked the opto isolators and they are good. Checked the diodes and they check out good. Checked for open resistors and they good. The power supply has 12 and 24 volt output the 12 volt is the one pulsing and there is no 24 volt output it has a ps_on and i tried to ground it to see if the 24 volt would do something but it does not turn on.
Board PN is ADTVE1835ACB
tv is maybe a year old. seems as though what happened was maybe a spike in the line damaged something.

Okay I have gandered at the board and probed with the o silly scope and found a diode that has .4 volt bias and 1.5 reverse, that cant be good. also have a resistor that supply's this that seems to be also wrong. the smd resistor reads 1R80 what looks to be anyway and ohm's out to be 152k ohms. I think the resistor should be 1.8 ohms but i dont know how many watts its extremely small, i'm think 1/10th not sure here. the diode probally should be fast acting.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    365.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 363
electronicartist - Thank you for posting what you found. I have the same board and looks like the same issue. There is a burn hole in my resistor and the same diode is bad. Could you say what specs you used to replace those two parts? Was the resistor a 1.8ohm, 1/2watt, 1%? Any help in getting a correct diode? I stole a diode from a dead power supply board that is .5v biased so I'm assuming that will work.

electronicartist - Thank you for posting what you found. I have the same board and looks like the same issue. There is a burn hole in my resistor and the same diode is bad. Could you say what specs you used to replace those two parts? Was the resistor a 1.8ohm, 1/2watt, 1%? Any help in getting a correct diode? I stole a diode from a dead power supply board that is .5v biased so I'm assuming that will work.

Resistor is 1.8 ohm 1/4 watt 1% Diode is 1amp 1000v fast acting 1.3v forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back